Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Nick,

Thank you for your information about Zegna MTM. I also live in Melbourne and was interested in a Zegna MTM suit. Are you able to share any experiences of MTM from other brands/tailors in Melbourne? Off-the-rack suits never fit me well (the shoulders fit, but nearly every other part of the jacket needs altering: take in waist, reduce sleeve length, reduce jacket length, and take in back panel along the centre seam).

Do you know whether Zegna has promotional MTM events in Melbourne? Where did you have your measurements taken (David Jones, Ermenegildo Zegna Boutique on Collins St)? I guess they would all charge the same price for MTM? Do you know what sort of price range I should be aiming at for a decent MTM Zegna suit from the 'normal' range? At what price does the 'Napoli' MTM range start?

Best Regards,
Gavin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Zegna MTM

Thank you for your information Sator.

I think using a standard suit size which fits closest to your body and then having adjustments made to it is a safer method of MTM than taking measurements with a tape measure. Using a template suit can help factor in how the final final product will drape and match your physique.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should watch out for when ordering a Zegna MTM product?

Many thanks,
Gavin

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree Sator - Bespoke is superior to MTM. But I think a good bespoke suit would cost way beyond my budget.

As for using a tape measure - A tape measure in the right hands is necessary to get the initial dimensions right, but often a second or third fitting may be necessary as the canvass/shell is constructed to confirm that every thing fits as good as it can (this wouldn't be available in MTM I guess). A tape measure only measures in one dimension, whereas the body is a three dimensional object. The eye of a trained tailor can ensure the best outcome - hence bespoke would be superior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.