Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im upgrading my dress shirts and wanted your opinions on what brands I should look into. The main importance to me is construction and quality of fabric. My budget is $125-$160.

Some dress shirt makers I have looked at are Isaia (on stp), Coles, H&H . Ive never delt with any of these shirt companies before. Im not fixed on just these brands. Im open to others.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Im upgrading my dress shirts and wanted your opinions on what brands I should look into. The main importance to me is construction and quality of fabric. My budget is $125-$160. Of course I plan on having my tailor alter the sleeves, sides etc.

Some dress shirt makers I have looked at are Isaia (on stp), Coles, H&H and maybe T.M Lewin. Ive never delt with any of these shirts before so if have any opinions of them please let me know.??????

If you have any other dress shirt companies that I might looke into please let me know. Thanks
I do love the T.M. Lewin shirts at the price, but at 4 for 100 pounds, they come in well below your budget. You can likely get better in your budget.

I would add Thos. Pink to your list if you like English shirts. They are better made than the Lewin and would likely come in more in your price range.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Depends on what style shirt you like. I personally like italian cuts and fabrics. They are much slimmer fitting thatn the english cuts. If you are good at hitting the sales you can get Borrelli or Isaia or Zegna at half price. under $200 to as low as $125. Maybe lower at last call. Barba are also excellent. The problem with H&H or TM Lewin is that they are not slim fitting. Very baggy as are the BB shirts. I only have worn the GF luxury line. As for white, blue and cream or ecru you will probably have to pay retail for those as the basics rarely are on sale unless there is a style change in the collar or the buttons. BTW, TM Lewin does not use MOP buttons they are plastic

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes what I figured is I have a large array of dress shirt companies to choose from esp in my price range and if I check the sales.

I prefer slim fitting shirts but sometimes you cannot find those in the colors you like. I really like Isaia clothing and thought why not stick with that brand since they make great clothing. But Iam always wondering what else is out there that may be better. MOP buttons are a must also for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.