• Calligraphy

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Balloon animals

Votes: 5 38.5%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I think calligraphy is much more practical - you can send friends all over the world beautifully illustrated greeting cards. Sending them balloon animals will only mean heartbreak.

Too bad "fencing" isn't one of the choices.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I think calligraphy is much more practical - you can send friends all over the world beautifully illustrated greeting cards. Sending them balloon animals will only mean heartbreak.

What about bird watching...that seems very "British Empire".

·
Registered
561 Posts
What about bird watching...that seems very "British Empire".
If you're seeking a stereotypical pastime it would be growing prize winning roses or large marrows and belonging to a gardening club.

In the UK as the British Empire/England is now known (yeh, I know there's something known as The Commonwealth - disowned though by most of the plebians) "Bird" especially as in "watching" has a different definition.
Though they are both, for different reasons, known as 'Twitchers'.

Back to the topic, calligraphy is a lovely skill to aquire, quite properly considered these day to be like two fingers to technological advances without being Luddite, very noble, very Last Samuri.

I'm still not clear if this this thread is a hoax, I'll admit I've never heard of "balloon animals" and I'm not even sure if I'm really interested in any explanation.

F.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts

"fencing" thats it!
picket, chicken wire, dog ear, barbed wire, stockade. oh so many more.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Tough Choices

Perhaps combining your two interests by making balloon sculptures in the form of calligraphic alphabet characters might help to alleviate the inner turmoil you are having about making such a monumental decision.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.