Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at these for the past few hours wondering if they look good together. What do you all think? The blazer is navy, the shirt is a dark cream color with dark brown stripes. The scarf is red, obviously, and the pocket square (or soon to be) is a sort of red/ dark pink with cream squares. I'll probably wear this with tan dress pants and dark brown oxfords (i haven't bought them yet but i have my eye on a pair)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd say lose the scarf. The rest might work if you're kind of picking up the cream in the shirt with the square. Might be a little too much going on, one of those things that sometimes you just need to see it put together.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sounds pretty good. I think I'd avoid having a predominantly red pocket square, though. I don't like when the pocket square matches the tie like that. I think it'd be good if the pocket square had a touch of red, for instance if it were white with a pink (or red) edge.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Sorry, doesn't work for me, though part of that has to be my ambivalent relationship with the color brown. Don't care for brown and navy very well. Navy and tan is good. The pattern contrast between the shirt and scarf are interesting, and might work with a different color in the shirt. If you like everything, but could live without the shirt, substitute a solid shirt in white, blue, ecru or yellow, and you're good to go.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sorry, doesn't work for me, though part of that has to be my ambivalent relationship with the color brown. Don't care for brown and navy very well. Navy and tan is good. ...
+1

Navy + Tan/Beige/Cream/etc = Style
Navy + Brown = does not compute

Also agree with the comments about too much red. Why wear a scarf at all? (I write this as I sit here w/out air conditioning in August.)

Usually don't like the image of a man with a scarf w/out a raincoat or overcoat. Seem like they are just trying too hard.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Oops! :eek: That's a scarf, not a sweater on the chair, isn't it? Thought the PS was an ascot.

OK, skip the scarf, change the shirt, keep the PS, and find either a different color stripe for a shirt, or a nice solid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.