Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone

I thinking of getting this jacket ( 75% wool, 25% polyamid) since I was looking for a black sport jacket. But here are my doubts.

what do you think about wool jackets in general? are they elegant and nice or your granpa kind of thing? is this style suitable for wearing with jeans, sweters?

Best regards and thanks for your help

https://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sakko1211anl9.jpg

· Registered
3,297 Posts
Setting aside the fact that it is a wool blend, I think that's a very nice jacket and certainly appropriate to wear with jeans or odd trousers. Worn over a turtle neck with a nice pocket square for a splash of color would look very smart. I don't think it screams grandpa at all.

· Registered
172 Posts
Does look like a suit jacket to me. But I think any flat black wool jacket looks orphaned. Jackets made of typical suit colors (grey, navy, black) need to be different in either cut (e.g., unstructured corduroy), material (corduroy, cotton, tweed, etc.), or pattern (houndstooth, windowpane, glen plaid, etc.) to look properly like an odd jacket.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
it look like if you got the jacket out of a suit or it looks like a sport jacket? i am not sure about this.
I agree. Even though it by just be a separate jacket; however, it just look like someone has taken their suit blazer and paired with jeans, etc.

My blazers are different to my suit blazers.

is this style suitable for wearing with jeans, sweters?
https://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sakko1211anl9.jpg
Yes, trying to avoid the grandpa comment.

· Registered
3,969 Posts
The fact that it doesn't have all natural fibers means I would avoid it. 100% wool does not burn very well if at all. Whereas, plastic might melt to your skin if you are in an auto accident or house fire, etc.

Tailors love wool. It is nice to put shape into the cloth so it is not flat. After all, what part of your body is flat? Plastic clothing does not have that refinement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.