Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , I just got dress black overcoat, I thought it was cashmere and wool, but I sse now is 70% wool, 20% polyamid and 10% cashmere.

Is bad the thing the polyamid? in what way affects the coat? I am not sure if I should return it

Thanks very much for your help

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
The polyamide in your coat is probably nylon. It isn't uncommon for coats to have about a 20 percent nylon content. This is for the purpose of adding some luster to the wool and it is also a very sturdy material. Most here will object to it because it is a synthetic, but I have an overcoat that is an 80/20 wool/nylon blend and I have no problems with it. If you otherwise like the garment I wouldn't worry about it.

Cruiser

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Some people, from a occupational standpoint avoid some synthetics because they MELT in high heat. I have conducted tests with blended wools and found no danger of this occuring. Wool is very difficult to burn, and, if you do get it burning the wearer is probably in bad shape already.As an aside, when wool does burn, it produces arsenic fumes, though, again you are probably beyond caring.

It sounds like a very nice coat. Wear it, in, good, health.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.