Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just realized I could check ebay for clothes for my 87 year old mom.

I know Brooks Brothers makes some women's clothes, because I have seen them in the store.

When I asked my mom, she said she likes Chico's and Talbot's.

Anyway just wondering if there are brands comparable to Hickey Freeman, Zegna, etc. in women's clothing?

Thanks!

:)

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
We have come across the occasional nice ladies garment(s) for the wife, cruising the Polo Ralph Lauren store(s) in our local area, as well as the BB stores and the Pendleton Shop. My wife also shops a ladies store called the Limited and one called Ellen Tracy. She has also picked up more than the occasional item from Talbot's.

· Registered
1,232 Posts
I started doing this recently, for my wife. Just my 2¢, but if she says she prefers Chicos and Talbotts, I'd start with those brands.

I once brought home two Paul Stuart 100% cashmere blazers, which IIRC were in the neighborhood of $1,495 each at retail, and I failed to impress her as much as she'd have impressed me if she'd come home with two 100% cashmere Paul Stuart blazers for me.

I don't doubt the quality of the women's clothing made by the likes of Brooks Brothers, but I think the fairer sex follow a whole different set of brands than we do.

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Hi,

I just realized I could check ebay for clothes for my 87 year old mom.

I know Brooks Brothers makes some women's clothes, because I have seen them in the store.

When I asked my mom, she said she likes Chico's and Talbot's.

Anyway just wondering if there are brands comparable to Hickey Freeman, Zegna, etc. in women's clothing?

Thanks!

:)
While I don't know the answer to your question, I do know Nordstrom sells Hickey Freeman and Neiman Marcus sells Zegna. Both sell quite a bit of ladies clothing. Have a look at their websites and I'm sure you'll be able to find some comparable women's brands in quality/price. I do know the the Limited is not to this level.

· Super Moderator
3,213 Posts
Based on my own experience shopping with, and for, lady friends and significant others, the hard part of the task is finding high quality materials. Most of the clothes I have seen are made with a lot of polyester. Rarely does one find a 100% wool suit, for example. Perhaps there are more shirts and jackets that are 100% cotton. I also agree that the brands that we often endorse in our forums here may not be the brands women care for. Even the standards and tastes for good clothes, and for their cut and style, that we espouse (pun intended, why not, LOL) might matter little to them. Rather than shop independently, I have suggested selections in the presence of the lady whom I am helping, and that is a better way to make sure that you are not buying something they may not care for. A number of the companies that are classic men's haberdashers and outfitters do sell women's clothes, although not in profuse quantities. I'll add Ben Silver to the lists above, they do find their way into eBay and the aftermarket.

· Premium Member
I love both!
49 Posts
Based on my own experience shopping with, and for, lady friends and significant others, the hard part of the task is finding high quality materials. Most of the clothes I have seen are made with a lot of polyester. Rarely does one find a 100% wool suit, for example. Perhaps there are more shirts and jackets that are 100% cotton. I also agree that the brands that we often endorse in our forums here may not be the brands women care for. Even the standards and tastes for good clothes, and for their cut and style, that we espouse (pun intended, why not, LOL) might matter little to them. Rather than shop independently, I have suggested selections in the presence of the lady whom I am helping, and that is a better way to make sure that you are not buying something they may not care for. A number of the companies that are classic men's haberdashers and outfitters do sell women's clothes, although not in profuse quantities. I'll add Ben Silver to the lists above, they do find their way into eBay and the aftermarket.
You (indirectly) made the case for why women should follow along the lines of Sonya Glyn and Preppy Climber when it comes to choice of clothing. LOL

· Registered
1 Posts
Are you finding the best quality women clothing online? Shireen Lakdawala has been No. # 1 customer's choice since 2005. It is generally acknowledged to be one of the top online stores in the USA, UK, Canada and Austraila, offering Pakistani clothing. We provide designer dresses for Asian women that won't break your budget. Our clothing includes bridal dresses, formal wares, Luxury dresses, Eid Dresses and much more. When you choose Shireen Lakdawala for a wedding event or other festivity, we will give you with the greatest color option and material for the fabrication of a garment that is made to your precise measurements. Our dresses are cultural yet trendy and marvelous that your add to your elegance. For more details, you can visit the official webstore of Shireen Lakdawala

1 - 11 of 11 Posts