Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will someone recommend a pair of shoes appropriate for winter wear? I'm looking for something that I could wear to the office with khakis and a sweater. My feet get cold in weejuns, and I can't wear Bean Boots all day long. Some sort of boot/shoe hybrid that isn't too clunky? I love those Alden boots that Indiana Jones wears but they are beyond my budget. Something along those lines would be great though

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
It depends on how much you want to stretch your budget. And since mine is now limited I do relate to your concerns. However, it's also attitudinal. If you think of your shoes as something that you wear until you get tired of them and throw away, good shoes are too costly. But if you think of them as investments that you can get re-soled, perhaps several times, good shoes are really the only choice. This is because they will not only look much better initially, but keep looking good, and are constructed in such a way that with proper maintenance and care they will last a very long time.

I'm presently deciding between something from Alden or something from Shipton and Heneage. The later sells decent traditional British shoes at a better price. Among their selection are some boots that are handsome enough, but will come in for a bit less than you would pay for Alden. Perhaps that source might be helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.