Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I have been looking for a nice pair of wing tip boots for a long time. About six months ago, I ran across a pair that I thought were absolutley gorgeous. The boots came in black or a chocolate brown. I loved the boots in both colors and the structure of the boot was just what I was looking for. These were the boots, and they fit like a glove. This sounds great, but of course there is a problem of concern. They are not exactly of a traditional height as you can see.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
High heels on guys may be something of a fashion fad now for club wear, but when you're doing something radical, you're taking a risk if you're not in the first wave, which you've definitely missed at this point. And unless you run with a fairly hip crowd, you risk people - especially women - thinking "elevator shoes". This goes double if the rest of your wardrobe isn't similarly fashion-forward.

I guess I'd ask myself "do I really want to spend 800 bucks for a pair of boots that will gather dust in my closet after next spring?"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why couldn't they have made the boot in a traditional height as well? I really love the quality of the leather and the all around style of the boot, with the exception of the height, which I was getting over. I'm still torn.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What about the Corcoran 10" Original Jump Boot?
https://www.corcoranandmatterhorn.com/ItemDisplay.asp?Style=1500&CategoryID=48

Newer models have a side zipper feature that makes it easier to put on and off...
Great boots. I have a hard time thinking of anyone wearing them w/ the kinds of clothes we generally talk about in this forum. I used to wear mine w/ chains around the ankles, metal shirts, flannel and torn blue jeans--best accesorized w/ an old favorite guitar and a vintage tube amp.

I guess it's time for one of these guys:

:aportnoy:

That said, well polished, I bet they could look real sharp w/ some crisp jeans and a shirt of your choice.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
With those boots, I'd probably top 6'7". It'd do me little good, though, because no right-thinking woman would look at me.

(On second thought, maybe a wrong-thinking woman would do me good.)

Ugly boots. Move on.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Trickers

I have a pair of Trickers from Pediwear that I LOVE...and they are quite masculine. I wouldn't wear those YSLs, and they look uncomfortable to boot (no pun intended).

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Gentlemen, we should learn from the experience of the fairer sex...many have wrecked their feet, wearing high heeled shoes/boots. Must we repeat said experience to determine that the boots listed in the OP are just a bad idea, all-around :)eek:) ? There are other boot options out there that feature more reasonable heel designs and are similarly priced. Take a look at Florsheim's boot options.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Gentlemen, we should learn from the experience of the fairer sex...many have wrecked their feet, wearing high heeled shoes/boots. Must we repeat said experience to determine that the boots listed in the OP are just a bad idea, all-around :)eek:) ? There are other boot options out there that feature more reasonable heel designs and are similarly priced. Take a look at Florsheim's boot options.
Again, the eagle and I are in agreement. I suggest the following Alden wing tip boot

·
Registered
834 Posts
Oh dear.......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.