Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While browsing the web I found this wonderful shop, Wilhelm Jungmann & Neffe, located in Wienna, Austria. They seem to have a wide range of cloth and a bespoke service as well.

Is there anyone who has been in touch with them?

Here is the weblink:

www.feinestoffe.at

The history section/famous customers/ is particularly interesting.

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Their fabric selection is excellent, the store decor is awe inspiring, their prices are stratospheric for fabric. Best to pop in and look, but you need to be the emperor of a country to shop there. Their ties were indifferent machine made products, they had very good umbrellas, and some excellent Thurston braces, and some nasty clip on ones as well which weren't Thurston.

The service, well, I can't remember when I was made to feel less welcome.
They either fawn over you, or treat you like dirt. That has been my experience, and unfortunately I fell in to the latter category for some reason.

Mind you, that was my experience at Knize as well, and I know the owner.

Either way, a beautiful store, I would want my warehouse to look like that.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Coincidentally I am just wearing a suit made by the tailor who does the fittings at Jungmann. The tailor used a fabric I bought in the store. The suit incl. 2 trousers and fabric cost me about € 1.200,--. I can`t think of a cheaper bespoke suit. The suit itself is not a marvel of handwork which would be impossible at that price level but fits quite well. As the tailor has his shop in nearby Slovakia the price level is - compared to other Austrian tailors - interesting.

The staff was always friendly to me. Even though I only ever bought a few ties and the fabric for the suit I nevertheless got a a pair of socks for free.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The suit itself is not a marvel of handwork which would be impossible at that price level...

As the tailor has his shop in nearby Slovakia the price level is - compared to other Austrian tailors - interesting.
Why would you associate prices with the quality? Anyway.

That makes estimately half/half - tailor/fabric

For comparison: Netousek would charge you around € 2000,- for a similar suit.

So, I cannot agree with udeshi's argument, that J&N prices are stratospheric and only emperors can shop there.

J&N prices are on par with O. Niehl, who's their direct competitor, by chance right down the street, but with an odd store decor.

I doubt, that the fabric prices in London are lower, than in Vienna.

But, if you are looking for a good deal in Vienna. You can visit "Finder", buy some cloth/fabric and visit the tailor in Bratislava.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why would you associate prices with the quality? Anyway.
Because one is related to the other.

The fabric cost about € 500,--, Jungmann charged me ca. € 150,-- for linging, buttons etc., the actual making of the suit cost about 570,--.

For the sum you can`t make a pure handmade suit in the "SR"-sense with 40+ working hours, not even in Slovakia.

For comparison: Netousek would charge you around € 2000,- for a similar suit.
Netousek, who has never worked for me, charges € 2000,-- for the suit without fabric but incl. lining, buttons etc.

Compared to the € 720,-- the Jungmann suit cost incl. lining and buttons that still leaves a huge (ca. 3x) price difference.

PS: My current tailor is even more expensive than Netousek:icon_pale: but I also get a lot better results than with Jungmann`s tailor:icon_smile_big:.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.