Men's Clothing Forums banner

Wide pant leg

6K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  100Cotton 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have been visiting this site for several years, but just decided to register a few days ago. My first post concerns wide pant legs. Over the last decade or so I have become increasingly frustrated with the growing width of pant legs of many dress, dress casual and casual attire slacks out there. I prefer a slimmer pant leg. I am not sure if this is an American thing or not, but what are there brands that would fit my preference for a slimmer look pant leg without going custom?

Joel

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Joel, an adequate alterations tailor can slim most pant legs down with ease for around $20-$30. i find it easier to get a pant I like, and then have my guy slim it down, rather than search high and low for the "perfect pant".

And welcome!
Thanks for the welcome. I have tried this route but it gets very expensive. Will try Brooks Brothers, as was suggested by another poster. There is a factory outlet over in Vermont I may try to get to one of these days and see what they have. Thanks again.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Growing wide leg? For example? The trend for some time in suits and streetwear has been trimmer fits.
Not in my experience. The fit in pants got so full for a while and now they may be slimming down a bit, but still to wide for me. Most of what I see is extremely full fit in the seat with no taper at all. Also, I like a higher rise in my pant, which are hard to find.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
Yup- I'm still not clear from the original post what he was looking for. Jeans? Khaki's? Suits? Jodphurs?
I was asking about casual and dress slacks mostly. My frustration is, over time, I have been getting lazy with my dress/dress casual look because of the difficulty of finding the right brands that suit my style, and I was tired of the hassle of going to my tailor every time I bought a pair of pants. However, upon further reflection, I have come to realize that maybe I need to rededicate myself to doing what I need to do to have the proper fit and look. I never buy a suit without some alterations, so why would other apparel not require the same attention. I need to realize that for most clothing to look good, I will need a visit to the tailor.
Joel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.