Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
3,297 Posts
Loaded with Ludacris' music catalog. Its the shiznit!

· Banned
16,023 Posts
I've had enough. I hope the GOP recollect themselves in time to save this country.

· Registered
3,258 Posts
Incredible. He gave Gordon Brown a bunch of DVDs you could buy at Wal-Mart for less than $50. The Obama White House is either clueless or cheap. Did he also give her an iTunes gift card? Someone needs to send the Chief of Protocol a copy of Emily Post. This is embarassing.

· Registered
1,429 Posts
Why would you give an Ipod to the Queen of England?
The question begs the question, doesn't it? Certainly he is too calculating, to deliberate, not to have meant (and understood its affect) something by this "gift." First, he shuns Brown in their U.S. get-toghther and now he seems to have deliberately given a gift of no-meaning. Hmm, perhaps he is signalling to the rest of the world that our so-called "special relationship" is now over. I am not a fan of the royals, but I am a fan of our steadfast allies.

· Registered
1,132 Posts
Funny, in a tragicomic way, how folks rush to condemn others on little information. Then again many here seem of the opinion that Obama is the secret clone-child of Chairman Mao. (I guess it makes you feel better? Anyway...)

This is not at all embarrassing and is quite in keeping with protocol.

Her Majesty already had an earlier-model iPod presented to her by Prince William and when asked about gifts for the visit her staff made it known to the White House staff that a new iPod was one of the things on a short list of things Her Majesty would be happy to receive.

What would the pseudo-righteous "indignantaries" here have the President give her instead? Replica of the White House in alabaster? John Hancock's body with a stake driven through his heart? Perhaps give Virginia back? :icon_smile:

· Registered
3,258 Posts
What would the pseudo-righteous "indignantaries" here have the President give her instead? Replica of the White House in alabaster? John Hancock's body with a stake driven through his heart? Perhaps give Virginia back? :icon_smile:
David Beckham?:icon_smile_big:

· Registered
1,429 Posts
Funny, in a tragicomic way, how folks rush to condemn others on little information. Then again many here seem of the opinion that Obama is the secret clone-child of Chairman Mao. (I guess it makes you feel better? Anyway...)

Her Majesty already had an earlier-model iPod presented to her by Prince William and when asked about gifts for the visit her staff made it known to the White House staff that a new iPod was one of the things on a short list of things Her Majesty would be happy to receive.

I would not give Virginia back, but I might make a gift of the state of California. I also heard that all the queen really wanted for Christmas was her two front teeth. After the fact, the Obama spin team can spin it anyway they choose. Today was an absolute disaster. https://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/01/curl-schedule-leaves-obama-media-no-show/

So forgive us we didn't realize this blunder was actually intentional--it is difficult to distinguish.

· Registered
1,132 Posts
I would not give Virginia back, but I might make a gift of the state of California. I also heard that all the queen really wanted for Christmas was her two front teeth. After the fact, the Obama spin team can spin it anyway they choose. Today was an absolute disaster. https://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/01/curl-schedule-leaves-obama-media-no-show/

So forgive us we didn't realize this blunder was actually intentional--it is difficult to distinguish.
What's to forgive? You can either read, pre-visit, of the plans in other places and see how happy the folks at Buckingham Palace are with the new tech toy or get your news from the Moonie's tabloid. It's your choice as despite rumors here to the contrary we still live in a free country.

And as for California, Mexico is currently the highest bidder. (Britain bid in something silly called "pounds" while the Mexican government has promised free-for-life Corona.)

· Registered
1,429 Posts
What's to forgive? You can either read, pre-visit, of the plans in other places and see how happy the folks at Buckingham Palace are with the new tech toy or get your news from the Moonie's tabloid. It's your choice as despite rumors here to the contrary we still live in a free country.

Personally I am not buying--but you can if you like. You know if it were 2002, the iPOD would be a great gift. It just has the look and feel of a major screw up and then a polite cover up. But as you said, its a free country believe what you want.

· Registered
1,258 Posts

Oh please! Why let a little thing like facts get in the way of a good diatribe.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
So quick to criticize. None of you know how she felt about it...
He is a fantastic leader and the leader this country needs...
Yes. Why wouldn't she like it? Those things cost like $400. I know I'd like one.

I understand that he also slipped her a couple of iPod Shuffles for William and Harry. You can imagine how excited they will be.

· Registered
2,865 Posts

All of the people who have commented on this thread fail to note the songs on the iPod, as well as the other part of the gift.

The iPod was loaded with Broadway songs, heavy on Rodgers & Hammerstein (although including "Cabaret," and "Seasons of Love" from Rent). It was presented with a book written and signed by Richard Rodgers.

The gift in return was a signed portrait of Her Majesty and Prince Phillip.

The only US President she never met was Johnson - he was not travelling much due to the Vietnam War and she wasn't travelling much due to her raising a family. I read that on the two occasions Johnson met the Pope, Johnson presented him with statues of himself. I don't know what the Pope would do with a statue of LBJ...

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.