Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why didn't Tarzan have a beard? I don't ever remember seeing any place for him to purchase a razor.

And while we're on this same line of thinking, why did Superman let bullets bounce off his chest or catch them in his teeth, but would duck if someone threw a revolver at him?

Cruiser

· Registered
3,297 Posts
Why would Thurston and Lovey Howell go on a three hour tour on a rented boat? Wouldn't they have had their own yacht?

While we're on the subject; Ginger or Mary Ann?

· Registered
996 Posts
maybe they flew there...on a pteradactyl

Why would Thurston and Lovey Howell go on a three hour tour on a rented boat?
As evidenced by that trunk they brought along, they were on vacation.

I've always been bugged by the oil tycoons on The Flintstones. What did they use oil for - cars were foot-powered and everything else was powered by animals. Actually, most of these animals were the very dinosaurs that had not yet turned into oil anyway!

· Connoisseur - Moderator
9,709 Posts
Chats, they were the Pioneers of Industry preparing the way for the modern barons.

Besides, I believe they had reserves of oil from the decayed trilobite fossils.

· Registered
3,258 Posts
Why would Thurston and Lovey Howell go on a three hour tour on a rented boat? Wouldn't they have had their own yacht?

Cheeta regularly ate Tarzan's facial hair. One night stand with Ginger...marry Mary Ann. What exactly did Ward Cleaver do for a living besides, of course, "going to the office?"

· Registered
2,865 Posts

The Howells were from New England; they probably did have a yacht but it wasn't in Hawaii.

The boat left Honolulu and must have been en route to another island when the storm blew them off course. Based on the quantity of luggage the Howells and Ginger brought, they may have been going to a resort (the Howells as guests, Ginger as an entertainer).

· Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wizard;847761Which retruns us to the same question: If he was invincible then [I said:
why did he duck[/i]?
Some probably aren't old enough to remember the Superman television series. To bring them up to speed, whenever someone would start shooting at Superman with a gun he would stick out his chest and let the bullets bounce off. Sometimes he would catch one in his teeth. When the bad guy would run out of bullets he would almost always throw his gun at Superman, and Superman would duck to keep from getting hit by the gun.

Also, why did Superman always run a few steps and then jump up into the air to start flying. Why not just take off from where he was standing? And why fly in a prone position with his arms stuck out in front of him? What exactly did that accomplish?

I wish I hadn't started thinking about these things.

Cruiser

· Registered
2,865 Posts
Some probably aren't old enough to remember the Superman television series. To bring them up to speed, whenever someone would start shooting at Superman with a gun he would stick out his chest and let the bullets bounce off. Sometimes he would catch one in his teeth. When the bad guy would run out of bullets he would almost always throw his gun at Superman, and Superman would duck to keep from getting hit by the gun.

Also, why did Superman always run a few steps and then jump up into the air to start flying. Why not just take off from where he was standing? And why fly in a prone position with his arms stuck out in front of him? What exactly did that accomplish?

Cruiser
  • Superman may be bulletproof, but if something's coming at your eyes, you duck.
  • He took a few steps because, like an airplane, he has to be moving before he can begin flying.
  • And since, unlike a plane, the air flow over his arms (wings) isn't part of the equation for lift, he places his arms in front of him like a diver to reduce drag.

· Registered
1,876 Posts

Cruiser
The first time he took a seagull to the teeth was the last time, damnit!

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
...What exactly did Ward Cleaver do for a living besides, of course, "going to the office?"
While I don't have any idea what Ward did for a living, I did break into hysterics every time June would say, "Ward, do you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?" Some of those scripts would never get past the censors these days!

· Registered
464 Posts
While I don't have any idea what Ward did for a living, I did break into hysterics every time June would say, "Ward, do you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?" Some of those scripts would never get past the censors these days!
:eek::icon_smile_big:

· Registered
464 Posts

Cruiser
Kids these days! Actually in the 70's/80's movies with Christopher Reeve and in the 90's Dean Cain TV series he was able to take of without a runway. I personally like George Reeves' trampoline bounce out the window from the 50's.

· Registered
2,179 Posts
With those twin beds sex was probably difficult for them. Poor June!

· Registered
5,152 Posts
Everyone familiar with the scenes of horses galloping out of freight cars, ie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid or the Wild Bunch?
Those scenes are set up with an invisible to the camera ramp on the opposite side with well trained horses and riders galloping up,through and out at speed.

George Reeves ducked, simply because those studio props were often as not the real thing. Ironicaly, Reeves did die of a gunshot wound, ruled suicide but just as likely a murder.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.