Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Guthrie is good. For several years I was involved with Artists' Repertory Theatre in Portland, OR, and the Guthrie were an aspirational exemplar. In the Pacific Northwest, Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, OR now runs nine months of the year and is also very strong. And I've got to put a plug in for Portland's Artist Rep, of course.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cincinnati, Ohio has a surprisingly good theater scene, considering its size and location. Cincinnati's Playhouse in the Park has won several Tony's, one for Best Regional Theater. Several other smaller theaters, like Ensemble Theater of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Shakespeare Company, do great work too.

A bit north, in Wooster, Ohio, is the Ohio Light Opera Company, which is one of the few places in the world performing strictly light opera (G&S, Kalman, etc.). You can see stuff that there that just isn't performed anywhere else, and the productions are (generally) very charming.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I want to give some attention to the Ohio Light Opera Co in Wooster, OH. I've never seen them, but their recordings are highly regarded and the photos I've seen suggest first rate productions of neglected classics in the genre. (Note: just saw someone else above mentioned them so just add me to the recommenders!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Guthrie is good. For several years I was involved with Artists' Repertory Theatre in Portland, OR, and the Guthrie were an aspirational exemplar. In the Pacific Northwest, Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, OR now runs nine months of the year and is also very strong. And I've got to put a plug in for Portland's Artist Rep, of course.
I've got a season pass at the Guthrie and am very happy with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.