Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of you experience of a wholecut style shoe? I have pasted a Tricker's Harrow model to show an example.
Do the inevitable creases after a few wears ruin the smooth and shiny look to an unwearable level?
Needless to say that someone would use trees and polish, but even so creases appear where the toe bends.
Any pictures of your own pair?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't think the creases are too much to handle, but you have to know that they will appear at one point or another, no matter how gingerly you walk or how much you moisturize. Here are my wholecuts; judge for yourself.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
To my eyes, a few creases, developed through long use and mitigated through the attentive care and maintenance a gentleman gives quality foot gear, provide a shoe added character and desirability. HISMES PARIS, those shoes look incredible!

·
Site Creator
11,750 Posts
It might be a fit factor. ?? too wide, not wide enough, too long, not long enouch?

I have two wholecuts from Pediwear (this new one Crocket and Jones, The Weymouth in brown antique calf, Last 337):

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?t=86605&highlight=pediwear

And these Tricker's Harrow Jermyn Street Collection.

The new pair I've worn a couple of times now with no visible creases. The Tricker's I've had for some time and they only have slight "wrinkles".

If you order from Pediwear, and I recommend their products and especially their customer service, make sure you look at the special AskAndy Members offer on the Recommendation Page linked in the upper left.

Andy's Recommendations Page

·
Registered
234 Posts
A couple of years worth of wear, broughed but wholecut Santoni FAM

Trees and never used consequent days ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It might be a fit factor. ?? too wide, not wide enough, too long, not long enouch?

I have two wholecuts from Pediwear (this new one Crocket and Jones, The Weymouth in brown antique calf, Last 337):

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?t=86605&highlight=pediwear

And these Tricker's Harrow Jermyn Street Collection.

The new pair I've worn a couple of times now with no visible creases. The Tricker's I've had for some time and they only have slight "wrinkles".

If you order from Pediwear, and I recommend their products and especially their customer service, make sure you look at the special AskAndy Members offer on the Recommendation Page linked in the upper left.

Andy's Recommendations Page
I am particularly attracted by the Tricker's Harrow and yes I was considering Pediware.
Can you tell me the last they are on?

·
Registered
964 Posts
i have a pair of grenson trents in cognac - they're just very very fine shoes..
I agree. I'm wearing mine now :icon_smile:
I've been on a real Grenson splurge recently and there are still several styles I would like to add to my collection including the Trent. It does look like an excellent buy for the Jacksonshoes price as always. I love Grensons!

Chris.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello,
The Harrow is made on the standard Jermyn Street collection last which is the 6038L.

Hope this helps,

Chris.
It helps a lot. I doubt that the local retailer of Tricker's shoes has the Harrow model in stock. I can try another pair on the same last to be sure of size and fitting and then be adventurous on a mail order. With such a model the two wings should touch together when laced up, in order to look nice. You can't be sure without trying them on...and I have a high instep...sigh...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been on a real Grenson splurge recently and there are still several styles I would like to add to my collection including the Trent. It does look like an excellent buy for the Jacksonshoes price as always. I love Grensons!

Chris.
a great deal of my salary goes to Jacksonshoes - and I don't mind it :) excellent bargains

·
Registered
542 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.