Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering of the most recent Bond actors , which of the two is better dressed
Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig.
Of the two actors which one is closer to the movie version and which is closer to the
book version.

Certainly Pierce Brosnan is more handsome , taller and in my opinion looks better in a suit than the shorter less handsome Daniel Craig. But than times have changed.

I read somewhere that in Hollywood today the man are short and the women ugly.
Earlier in Hollywood the men were tall and the women beautiful.
Certainly the actors and actress were better dressed and more glamorous prior to the 1980's. Is the James Bond series headed in that direction ? Short and ugly ?
Is there a generation difference.
Actors today certainly most of them dress very poorly , including the recording artist !

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Certainly the actors and actress were better dressed and more glamorous prior to the 1980's. Is the James Bond series headed in that direction ? Short and ugly ?
Is there a generation difference.
Actors today certainly most of them dress very poorly , including the recording artist !
It is difficult to compare, pre-1980's the celebs did not get the coverage. If Cameron Diaz was an actress in the 70's, people would not know they still as acne. We only saw the best of the celebs; whereas now, we seen the best and worst from them.

Secondly, there are far more celebs now; hence, more people dressed poorly. However, this is poorly dressed in our opinions, they and the mags think they look good 'cool' in the Sean John clothing.

I was wondering of the most recent Bond actors , which of the two is better dressed. Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig.
Of the two actors which one is closer to the movie version and which is closer to the book version.
As for Bond, Brosnan in my opinion. He was not only a better on-screen Bond but looked more like Bond then Craig.

In terms of clothing, it is a tough call - those Tom Ford suits look great. So did Brosnan in Brioni and in "Die Another Day" he was wearing Ballantyne turtlenecks.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I think Brosnan looked more like the classic Bond we all grew up watching. Craig looked a lot better in QOS then he did in CR. I think the move to Tom Ford was a smart one. As far as who makes the best Bond cinematically, you have to go with Craig. The filmmakers have clearly decided to go with a viewpoint not dissimilar from the new Batman movies. They want it to feel like it could all take place in our current reality. There are British intelligence officers out there that kill bad guys everyday, and I think its a safe bet they dont resemble flabby middle ages guys like Connery or Brosnan.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think Brosnan looked more like the classic Bond we all grew up watching. Craig looked a lot better in QOS then he did in CR. I think the move to Tom Ford was a smart one. As far as who makes the best Bond cinematically, you have to go with Craig. The filmmakers have clearly decided to go with a viewpoint not dissimilar from the new Batman movies. They want it to feel like it could all take place in our current reality. There are British intelligence officers out there that kill bad guys everyday, and I think its a safe bet they dont resemble flabby middle ages guys like Connery or Brosnan.
The British spy thriller produced in 1966 , " The Spy who came in from out of the Cold "
Is what spying is all about. Richard Burton was the spy , Oh by the way he received an Academy Award nomination for playing a British spy. He was also middle aged and flabby.

Batman was a comic book character , hardly a good example of a super spy.
The Bond series in no way resembles a true British spy , past or present.
Hollywood is known for self destruction. A short unattractive leading man in a role
designed for a handsome , suave , well dressed super spy has been comprised by as
usual Hollywood's misdirection.

Brosnan flabby ? Connery , flabby ? we must not be watching the same Bond movies.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The British spy thriller produced in 1966 , " The Spy who came in from out of the Cold "
Is what spying is all about. Richard Burton was the spy , Oh by the way he received an Academy Award nomination for playing a British spy. He was also middle aged and flabby.

Batman was a comic book character , hardly a good example of a super spy.
The Bond series in no way resembles a true British spy , past or present.
Hollywood is known for self destruction. A short unattractive leading man in a role
designed for a handsome , suave , well dressed super spy has been comprised by as
usual Hollywood's misdirection.

Brosnan flabby ? Connery , flabby ? we must not be watching the same Bond movies.
Brosnan and Connery are indeed flabby compared to Mr. Craig. If you walked into a room with Connery, Brosnan, and Craig and had to pick one to help you fight the other 2, you wouldn't pick Daniel Craig? That's nonsense.

I didn't say Batman was a spy. I said that they are using the same realistic viewpoint that has made the new Batman films and movies like Bourne successful. Whether you like it or not, the two Daniel Craig Bond films are getting much better reviews and making a ton more money then any previous Bond.

·
Honors Member<br>P-Bomb
7,066 Posts
Brosnan and Connery are indeed flabby compared to Mr. Craig. If you walked into a room with Connery, Brosnan, and Craig and had to pick one to help you fight the other 2, you wouldn't pick Daniel Craig? That's nonsense.

I didn't say Batman was a spy. I said that they are using the same realistic viewpoint that has made the new Batman films and movies like Bourne successful. Whether you like it or not, the two Daniel Craig Bond films are getting much better reviews and making a ton more money then any previous Bond.
Umm, if we are comparing them all in their prime? Connery was a third place finisher in the Mr. Universe and he is several inches taller than Craig. He was also quite the "footballer" in his day, and chose acting over a professional career in sports. And Sean is more than "middle aged." The man is almost 80.

As to the OP and who wears a suit better? Brosnan by far. However, I think no one takes Pierce as a deadly fighter seriously. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Umm, if we are comparing them all in their prime? Connery was a third place finisher in the Mr. Universe and he is several inches taller than Craig. He was also quite the "footballer" in his day, and chose acting over a professional career in sports. And Sean is more than "middle aged." The man is almost 80.

As to the OP and who wears a suit better? Brosnan by far. However, I think no one takes Pierce as a deadly fighter seriously. :)
+1 on all counts.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Brosnan wins hands down as far as best dressed ....

He has the height and build that looks the best in suits. As far as playing the James Bond role, I enjoy each new Bond as he appears. Times change, so just enjoy the movies for an escape and try not to be so critical. Daniel Craig is a good actor even if he is slightly muscle bound and shorter than most (all?) of the previous Bonds.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Out of the past 6 Bond movies, I like the Tom Ford suits in QoS best. But I think Brosnan can wear a suit better than Craig. If you want to see Brosnan at his best, watch the early episodes of Remington Steele. He wore very English-looking 3-piece suits. But not too far into the series he started adding 80's Armani-style suits to his wardrobe. His wardrobe in the Thomas Crown Affair was pretty good too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have to go with Brosnan because I cast him in the role back when he was playing Remington Steele.

I said to my mom "Gee that guy could play a nice James Bond"

When Timothy Dalton was cast after Moore i screamed "No haven't you guys ever heard of Pierce Brosnan?"

Little did I know that he was actually considered for it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He has the height and build that looks the best in suits. As far as playing the James Bond role, I enjoy each new Bond as he appears. Times change, so just enjoy the movies for an escape and try not to be so critical. Daniel Craig is a good actor even if he is slightly muscle bound and shorter than most (all?) of the previous Bonds.
The James Bond series is Hollywood's longest running series. Times do change and Hollywood is not what it once was. The studio's that made Hollywood great is gone.

The problem with the new Bond is escapism. He looks to much like the guy down the street
short and average ! The Bonds were different , what every man wanted to be and every women wanted to have. Dashing , suave , continental , sophisticated , handsome and
good looking.

I wonder would Craig become a model for men clothing. I thought most of the male models
were at least six feet tall.
Daniel Craig is more realistic , is that what we now want in a British super spy ?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
without doubt...niether. Bespoked Sean Connery, hands down.

Next topic.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is indeed what audiences want these days. It's not a matter of escapism anymore. The last few Bond movies before DC came along were down right laughable in their hokyness. That doesn't sell anymore.
Hollywood is having a difficult time selling anything. You are correct . James Bond was the last of the old Hollywood , that is why it lasted so long. In a few years Bond will go the
way of the MGM musicals and family entertainment.

No different , , the tie and good taste in dress is not far behind , to honky and to many young people today laughable

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.