Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is the shoemaker behind the Brioni and Canali labels? I've tried to find an answer to this, but no luck. I would venture that different makers are behind each brand, and would like to know the answer to both. Hopefully someone out there can help me. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I bought a pair of Canali shoes at Nordstroms recently and too would be interested to know who the maker is. I like the look and feel of the the ones I bought and the construction seems sound, but I'm no shoe expert.

BoX

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Canali is made by Campanile, an outfit in Rome. They make shoes under their own brand available in Italy, but hard to find elsewhere. I have pair of their loafers I'm actually wearing right now which are terrific and have served me as well as my C&J's and JL's. They're mostly blake-stitched unless they're specifically stamped as goodyear welted.

I have no idea who makes Brioni shoes.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I saw a pair of Brioni shoes at C21 yesterday - AFAICT identical to these:

C21 had them originally at $1200 reduced to $320 - so I'm not sure where the seller gets his "$2695" from.

I was curious who made them - googling wasn't much help. Lattanzi was one guess, Mantellassi another.

They were very soft, well made, comfortable, etc., but they didn't give me the impression they'd last very long - and the leather seemed the type that stretches fairly easily.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Bump! Still curious as to who makes Brioni shoes.

I popped into C21 again yesterday to find that they had about half-a-dozen of both brown and black Brioni oxfords in many sizes for $320.

On closer examination, they're nicely made from very soft leather, and the 11 M fit well, but they did seem flimsy - I wouldn't want to have them as a "walking about" business shoe and I certainly wouldn't swap my EG oxfords for them, but for $320 I'm vaguely tempted.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Bump! Still curious as to who makes Brioni shoes.

I popped into C21 again yesterday to find that they had about half-a-dozen of both brown and black Brioni oxfords in many sizes for $320.

On closer examination, they're nicely made from very soft leather, and the 11 M fit well, but they did seem flimsy - I wouldn't want to have them as a "walking about" business shoe and I certainly wouldn't swap my EG oxfords for them, but for $320 I'm vaguely tempted.
Bonafe -

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I was at the Brioni Store in Beverly Hills. They had 6 different shoes on display all from $2000 to $4500. I asked who made their shoes and was told the Silvio Lattanzi made them. I think that Brioni contracts with a variety of vendors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.