Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Well, I think Obama benefits greatly from being closer to the ideal physique(ideal by modern media standards, I mean.) He's tall, lean and athletic, and he stands up straight.

Mac is around 5-8, which I've heard is better for fighter pilots, but not the modern media. His age and war injuries also affect his posture. Most tailored clothing will probably look better on the former, regardless how much attention they pay to the small details (unless Obama's fit was really atrocious.)

Perhaps a more even-handed sartorial matchup would have been between Obama and Romney.

· Registered
1,258 Posts
I think they both would look better in clothing tailored to their build.
I've noticed that when McCain is 'dressed down" he looks more comfortable.

· Registered
1,132 Posts
McCain does tend to emulate Bush in odd moments although one can't conclude that it makes either presidential.

· Registered
1,132 Posts
^ With some this is becoming as popular as that Austrian man who made such a mess of Europe. Spooky!

· Registered
1,060 Posts
"Judging by the photo you chose, I'd say you already have a winner picked out."

Unless you have a photo of Obama that can top McCain's antics I Would say ths one would sway anyone's vote.

Oh the photo of Obama in the Urban Kilt does not qualify as weird. It falls right in line with what politicians will do to get their photos published.

· Registered
1,132 Posts
Cruiser, this one is no "silly antic" and if you find out who this guy is, you're going to have to vote for Nader or some other third party. :icon_smile_big:

· Registered
2,538 Posts
Obama, but . . .

Michelle needs to get serious about what her man is wearing! The fact that he was wearing a turned down collar with white tie at the Al Smith dinner was bad enough (orchestra musicians do it because they are more comfortable with violins jammed under their chins), but it DIDN'T FIT HIM!

Would one of you gentlemen in Chicago volunteer to serve as his fashion consultant, please?

· Registered
5,152 Posts
Obama is dressing in wht hte british called 'mufti' or native garb. this was done either to take advantage of superior Kit like shemagh, or to 'pass' for native as Sir Richard Burton did so amazingly well.
It also brings people together, like forum pocket squares.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Michelle needs to get serious about what her man is wearing!
Michelle is the last person he needs telling him what to wear. First, most women don't have a clue about traditional men's standards, they're informed by the media. Second her choices for herself can be terrible. After the second debate she was wearing a dress with some 80's esque detailing on the front and you could see the zipper all the way down the dress, it was like beacon.

· Registered
3,969 Posts
If they were both wearing tailored clothes it would be a tie. Obama just fits better in some of the clothes he buys, so that is dumb luck. McCain fits pretty good in some clothes tooo, that is also dumb luck.

They both need to visit SR.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.