Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
A good point might be to distinguish "brands" from "makers," as Southwick was recently bought by BB and is sold by BB, J. Press and several independent outlets (like Cable Car Clothiers). Likewise, S. Cohen makes 3b sack suits and sport coats for J. Press, so you could toss them into the "makers" category.
A historic maker would be Hardwick, which was a player in the original Ivy days of the late 50's/ early 60's. Last time I checked they were still around (and still manufacturing in the USA!), but only offering more conventional 2B & 3B darted suits at a lower price point.

As far as "brands" go, JAB is often discussed around here, but many members of this forum would probably feel that their suits don't properly embody the style anymore. At one point we had a lively discussion about whether Paul Stuart was "trad" or not, with inconclusive results.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
does Ben Silver count as a relevant brand?
I think that is a good example of a brand, not a maker.

I've heard around here that they have their suits and odd coats made by one of the bigger, high-quality makers but I can't seem to remember who.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.