Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a longtime lurker and a first time poster. I'm looking for some extra-wide, full-grain, strap penny loafers in some tone of oxblood/red/cordovan that doesn't have that plastic look about it. Ideally with leather soles and under $200.

I thought AE might have the shoes for a little more, but I was disappointed by the colour in person. The red was too faint. I realize some good polish might fix that.

I realize this likely doesn't exist, but I thought I'd ask around before compromising somewhere.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Big Drew:

I don’t have an answer for you; I just want to give you a big “Thank you!”

I was confused by the thread title you composed, so I Googled a little bit. I had no idea that the term “white whale” was such a useful form of slang. (I’m generally not hip to modern lingo. I’ve read Moby Dick, and understand “white whale” metaphors. However, until now, I hadn’t seen “white whale” used to modify a noun.) You gave me a linguistic education. It was interesting. So thanks!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Might not meet all your criteria but they are considered good for the money.
Probably not going to work considering he specified "extra wide" and these are only in "D" width

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Someone on AAAC (maybe Ensiferous?) has SAS loafers that look pretty good. They're around $200, but I don't know anything about them personally: https://sasshoes.com/mens-penny-40-cordovan
Those are nice!!
I have a pair from eBay. Very comfortable and well made.
Based on a review of the SAS Anniversary Penny Loafers posted by Ensiferous, I was convinced to buy a pair. They are quite handsome; they are very light on the foot and they are as comfortable as any of the penny loafers I have in my collection (eleven pair, at last count!). At the stated price, they are a very good value. :teacha:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.