Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wear pink shirts with burgandy ties very frequently, I'm quite a fan of that combination.
Like I said, I think it's workable, but hardly ideal. They're both, after all, red-based colors, to have them next to each other sort of seems wrong to me. Shades of blue, for instance, navy tie on light blue shirt, do work, since they're just variations on how dark the color is, but burgundy has other colors in it, making it a bit awkward. This is not a good explanation, but something seems wrong about it.

Particularly in this case with the white chinos (in addition to the blue blazer and pink shirt), I think a burgundy tie would be a bit heavy for the outfit.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Do you have any friends who are "Musical", "Sophisticated", or "Very Artistic?"

If not, make some. Burgundy tie + Pink Shirt = Far-from-Ideal, shall we say. As a last resort, become friendly with a color wheel and see just all sorts of delicious hues that are NOT red but might just look terrific AGAINST red/pink.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Like I said, I think it's workable, but hardly ideal. They're both, after all, red-based colors, to have them next to each other sort of seems wrong to me. Shades of blue, for instance, navy tie on light blue shirt, do work, since they're just variations on how dark the color is, but burgundy has other colors in it, making it a bit awkward. This is not a good explanation, but something seems wrong about it.

Particularly in this case with the white chinos (in addition to the blue blazer and pink shirt), I think a burgundy tie would be a bit heavy for the outfit.
I guess that's why there's no correct answer to this question.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I love pink shirts but I always have trouble matching ties to them.

I usually defualt to something navy, although I prefer to do that when wearing a grey coat.

I also have found charcoal ties to work well with pink shirts, although that isn't very tradly and its somewhat stern nature is better with a suit than an odd jacket IMO.

I guess that leaves us with dark green. I think a dark green club tie would look great with this.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.