Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I purchased these while at a Boston store near me. My kids thought the looked cool. I plan on wearing them casually with khakis and maybe jeans? Do you think these would work with jeans?

https://www.famousfootwear.com/en-U...Navy+Leather/Mens+Ansley+Wing+Tip+Oxford.aspx

I know they are not high end super quality shoes..... but to wear once in a while maybe I can pull them off.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Sure - the navy in the shoe will be fine with blue jeans. Other colors may depend. Brown jeans will work. I probably wouldn't wear them with black jeans. My preference would be for the other color (tan suede) - a bit more understated.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Did you forget the "low" between "super" and "quality"? I think can work with khakis and blue jeans, but there are much better choices.
I didn't want to rain on his parade - after all he has already bought them! I look at it this way - if he wears them a lot and kills them rapidly then it might be time to invest in some better quality spectator style shoes. If he wears them only a few times and realizes it was a folly purchase then it was a cheap folly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you forget the "low" between "super" and "quality"? I think can work with khakis and blue jeans, but there are much better choices.
Thanks Matt - I edited the original post. Certainly did not mean to put these in the super quality category.

What are you "much better choices"? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't want to rain on his parade - after all he has already bought them! I look at it this way - if he wears them a lot and kills them rapidly then it might be time to invest in some better quality spectator style shoes. If he wears them only a few times and realizes it was a folly purchase then it was a cheap folly.
Please rain away :) . I can certainly return them. I am looking at this in the cheap folly category for about $60.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
For a tentative walk on the wild side of men's footwear, keeping one's costs down while making that walk seems to make a lot of sense. I've seen much worse than those referenced in the OP and you could have a whole lot of fun with those Stacy Adam's kicks for just a few bucks! For what to pair them with, think khaki, navy, and Nantucket Reds, to name just a few. ;)

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
For a tentative walk on the wild side of men's footwear, keeping one's costs down while making that walk seems to make a lot of sense. I've seen much worse than those referenced in the OP and you could have a whole lot of fun with those Stacy Adam's kicks for just a few bucks! For what to pair them with, think khaki, navy, and Nantucket Reds, to name just a few. ;)
+1.

Plenty of alternatives, but these would cost +/- $416!

https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herring/fencote_two-tone-brogues/chestnut-calf-and-navy-suede

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.