Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In search for a light brown shoe that's a bit fashion forward (I love that antiqued look and even side laces got to me) I came across what my list probably dwindled down to, unless someone has something off the top of their head to share. :icon_smile_big:

https://eighty5.eggo.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/picture-3.jpg
STEFANO BRANCHINI
So this is the Stefano Branchini shoe. About $225 at YOOX. I don't know what kind of construction and materials goes into the Branchini and I've only heard about their looks. I like the look, but how's the construction of this compared to this Harris shoe?

https://eighty5.eggo.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/picture-5.jpg
Harris
This shoe I can get for $540 at Barneys ($40 stretching my budget but should be fine). I've heard little about them but none of it was bad.

The huge price gap is largely because I have little idea how they're like in terms of quality or reputation (their sites either suck or are nonexistent as with all shoe sites, I find). I don't know if one is a steal or if the other is overpriced, what the names of these shoes are (I'll be gambling for leather soles) but these are the two light brown, antiqued, fashionable shoes I think I'll be looking at.

My thanks to any replies, even if it's the copy/paste from jcusey's take on the Branchini brand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
FWIW, the Allen-Edmonds Greenwich is much the same as either, and can maybe be found cheaper @ Amazon.
A good suggestion. I was looking at this too but I wondered about that way they punched the holes at the side. I find myself at first not liking it and then it kinda grew on me. I'm hoping it wouldn't be something I'd wear but then later on find that it's time has passed.

It's hard to describe. I love that sorta unique and quirky look to it but I'm cautious of it. I wonder how they'd compare against the Branchinis.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Barneys is having a big sale starting on Nov. 12. Go to the sotre and see if you can have them presaled. you will get at least 30% off the $540 price tag. I like Harris shoes. They are well made and good styling.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I would choose the C&J Weymout over those pictured....

The pointy, but square toe is a little more fashion forward than I prefer. I have a Testoni monk strap wth a pointy toe (much more so than the C&J) which I seldom wear. Also, the Italian shoes make your feet look large, although I only wear a size 9 (US) or 8-1/2 UK.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barneys is having a big sale starting on Nov. 12. Go to the sotre and see if you can have them presaled. you will get at least 30% off the $540 price tag. I like Harris shoes. They are well made and good styling.
I'm loving the sound of this. I just go to Barney's anytime now and see if it's possible for the salesmen to sell it to me at that sale discount?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Both the Italian shoes you are referencing to are blake or blake-RAP,
The Branchini may well have a higher retail, but the price @yoox is good.
The Branchin will most likely have slightly better uppers. And i would also think the uppers on both shoes are superior to the EA sugested...

AFAIK Harris only does blake, but a good blake. Almost Gravati good ...

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I'm loving the sound of this. I just go to Barney's anytime now and see if it's possible for the salesmen to sell it to me at that sale discount?
presale. you try it on and if it fits and you want it, they will hold it until 11/12 and then charge your CC. you then go in and pick it up on 11/12. I have already done this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, look at Romano Martegani. They make some excellent shoes. Blake rapid stitched but very good looking and the antiquing is gorgeous. They are also around $450-$500 but very nice.
I looked for the Pisa at Francos and asked Ron if they had any in my size and in amber and he said no. I'll keep an eye out for any other ones that catch my eye like that did.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update for anybody that would ever be searching for Harris shoes. I tried them on at Barneys. My usual size (comfortably 8.5 US) was TINY in their shoes. The sides were good (I could wear a D or E) but their shoes are very long.

Sadly, the somewhat cold salesman said they're not carrying anything smaller and told me to wait until they get another shipment in a couple of weeks maybe. That sucks. Guess the hunt is still on.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Update for anybody that would ever be searching for Harris shoes. I tried them on at Barneys. My usual size (comfortably 8.5 US) was TINY in their shoes. The sides were good (I could wear a D or E) but their shoes are very long.

Sadly, the somewhat cold salesman said they're not carrying anything smaller and told me to wait until they get another shipment in a couple of weeks maybe. That sucks. Guess the hunt is still on.
Call my friend Sean at Barneys NY in San Francisco and ask him if they have your size or call the LA store and ask if they have your size. If they do and you still like them then they will ship them to you at the sale price and if you don't like them return them to the NY store.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Did anyone order these shoes?
I've ordered the ones from Barneys from Tonyp's help. MAN what a difference to the Barneys here in NYC. Sean, the gentleman who helped me, did everything he could. Not being able to find ones in my size (8.5 US, the sizes are actually UK for those shoes) he went to make a special order.

He gave me a number to directly call him. After a few days, he gave me the good news. He got the shoes and we did the steps to ship it. He shipped two sizes, that way I can see which one fits best and return the other to the Barneys here in NYC. This AND he was able to sell it on sale.

I have the box here, unopened, right now (just came in today). After I get my tripod, I'll begin taking pictures of what made my wallet a little thinner.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.