Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a navy suit that is a part of my regular routine, but since blue is my favorite color, I figured maybe I can add another blue suit of slightly different tone.

Since I work in a rather conservative environment, I wouldn't want something that is going to stand out too much, but something that is a little different from traditional navy, for obvious reason.
And because I will be wearing it pretty often, I wouldn't want something that is too memorable either.

If you guys have anything in mind, I would appreciate you sharing some insights, thank you!

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
^^
While I don't particularly like the cut of the suit pictured above (preferring a 3/2R Sack jacket design), I do like the hue and pattern design of the cloth. I suspect it would prove quite versatile! ;)
+1.

This color is sometimes called steel blue, which is a grey/blue mix. It's very versatile, tends to flatter almost everyone and is entirely suitable for business.

· Registered
107 Posts
I'd probably go with some kind of pattern also, like others have mentioned. Although, a suit with a little lighter shade than navy isn't so bad, but might not be as fun to wear as something a bit different. I haven't actually gone out and purchased anything like this yet since I'm still rocking just a navy and charcoal suits. But, when I get some extra money maybe I'll go wild and get something with a pattern.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Glad to be back also :) I corrected the link (hopefully)
Thank you! Yes, you did, indeed. That's really beautiful cloth! I like both colorways but the bottom cloth with a darker ground is my favorite. What a marvelous suit it would make! The color and pattern (Though not the technology it embodies.) could have been lifted right out of Apparel Arts or vintage Esquire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.