Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a pair of AE Brentwoods of ebay. They were described as "brown," but the color is a bit darker with some purple tone to it compared to the current AE brown. The difference between the two can be seen in the photo below where the upper shoe is the Brentwood and the lower shoe is the Walton in brown.

I like the idea of bringing out some of that wine color in the Brentwoods. My two choices for AE polish are oxblood or merlot. Is merlot the right choice? BTW, I don't necessarily want to darken the Brentwood alot, just bring out that wine color.

Thanks.

Footwear Brown Shoe Oxford shoe White

· Registered
2,971 Posts
I think I actually own burgundy, merlot, and oxblood shoe polish and have always considered them somewhat interchangeable. I am guessing merlot has the most purple in it. My suggestion is take a white rag and put a little polish on it from both and compare in direct sunlight.

· Registered
177 Posts
I would strongly suggest AGAINST AE polish. It does not have much pigment and does not last very long at all.

If you want to bring out purple, Saphir MDO cream in bordeax/burgundy is by far a better option...

I've acetone stripped shoes covered in AE merlots that would not hold consistent color for more than a day and swapped to saphir. much happier

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.