Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i am asking its because none of my favorie brands (Ralph Lauren, Turnbull & Asser, Ede & Ravenscroft, Hermes etc...) seem to sell cravats. Brooks Brothers probably do, but they are out of reach for me since i am in the middle of nowhere in central England ever since i left London... Help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks :icon_smile_big:

·
Honors Member and King Fop
6,020 Posts
Actually Ralph Lauren does sell cravats, at least intermittently. I bought three woolen cravats while visiting the Beverly Hills Polo Shop in the company of Andy Gilchrist a couple of years ago. I find them of limited utility, but if I lived in a colder clime I would doubtless wear them more. They are not nearly as pleasant to wear as silk ascots though.

In the UK, you can try www.countryties.com. They have a fairly good line of silk-fronted, cotton-backed cravats with game bird themes as well as more conventional paisleys and polka dots. They are quite reasonably priced compared to a lot of pure silk cravats. I just received my third cravat from them two days ago.

In the States my favorite supplier is www.beautiesltd.com. Their primary thing is bowties, but they will make cravats out of nearly any of the fabrics in their extensive line. I have 14 cravats from them. A minor virtue of Beau Ties Ltd. is that their cravats are sized, which is especially nice if you have a fairly thick neck.

I won't claim either is the best, but I have found the products of both very satisfactory. I have a couple of very fine silk ascots/cravats I bought at Carroll & Co. in Beverly Hills, but when they kicked the price up to $115, I decided to forgo further purchases of such there.

Both Brooks Brothers and J. Press have small selections of ascots/cravats that can be ordered on-line.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If i am asking its because none of my favorie brands (Ralph Lauren, Turnbull & Asser, Ede & Ravenscroft, Hermes etc...) seem to sell cravats. Brooks Brothers probably do, but they are out of reach for me since i am in the middle of nowhere in central England ever since i left London... Help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks :icon_smile_big:
T&A and E&R both stock cravats.

W_B

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
While not my thing and I wouldn't know a good one from a bad one, try these from BeauTies, Ltd. They make excellent bow-ties so I would guess they make other neckwear of the same quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.