Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

Can I get some advice on which pair of chinos works with this very very casual light tan linen jacket? The chocolate brown or ? green (never know what to call different shades of green.)

Its possible neither do but these are my only two real options at the moment and it’s a bit of a rush situation.

Outerwear Sleeve Textile Dress shirt Beige

·
Registered
27,491 Posts
Hi friends,

Can I get some advice on which pair of chinos works with this very very casual light tan linen jacket? The chocolate brown or ? green (never know what to call different shades of green.)

Its possible neither do but these are my only two real options at the moment and it’s a bit of a rush situation.

View attachment 86750
Color-wise, either or both. But the jacket has a scruffy military surplus look reminiscent of the original Banana Republic. And that aesthetic more readily welcomes OD, or in this instance, just plain olive, IMHO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi friends,

View attachment 86750
I would go with khaki

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
I think either shade can work. I think the olive drab might look a little better, but it will have a bit of a military vibe. British tan or dark khaki chinos could also work, provided there is enough contrast with the jacket to prevent it from looking like a mismatched suit. I suspect the designer of the jacket had jeans in mind as a pairing.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
My preference is the olive, but the brown would also work well. I also agree with Matt that the right dark khaki/British tan would also work well.

There is a kind of dark olive with a slight gold tint in it that is often used for military uniforms, a bronze green. This colour was used commonly in the frames and forks of Raleigh three-speed bicycles (with the Sturmey-Archer gearabox and North Road handlebars) made in the mid-20th century. That colour would be terrific in my opinion with this jacket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts