Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I am just looking for some advice, should anyone feel inclined to offer it, as to which BB sport coat I ought to purchase at the 25% Brooks card sale. I can probably answer this question myself, but here goes -

Either coat would be $300. I am considering:

(1) this season's B/W herringbone (which feels rather cheaply made, reflected in the $398 list price, but is a classic) or

(2) last year's blue/grey and tan gun club check 3/2 sack in Saxxon wool (which is much better quality, and would obviously be a much better bargain - $648 list price).

I have my sport coat and blazer basics pretty well covered - 2B navy blazer from Andover shop, BB 2B green and blue check houndstooth coat, MTM 2B charcoal herringbone w/ blue windowpane tweed from Andover Shop, BB 2B tan herringbone w/ Saxxon wool, plus 2 BB 2B summer sport coats (whew, more coats than I realized!).

Thank you!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think you know the answer

Unless you just have to have a herringbone, go with number 2. The new BB herringbones, while not exactly substandard (better than I expected given the COO, which is Thailand, I recall), but the Saxxon coat is-- as you say-- much better quality. I'd say buy quality & look for a herringbone elsewhere if you're trying to fill a niche.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Unless you just have to have a herringbone, go with number 2. The new BB herringbones, while not exactly substandard (better than I expected given the COO, which is Thailand, I recall), but the Saxxon coat is-- as you say-- much better quality. I'd say buy quality & look for a herringbone elsewhere if you're trying to fill a niche.
+1 When in doubt go w/the quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.