Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
From my closet! :icon_smile_big:

Since I haven't been in the market for years, I can't answer your question. But since I've always been very fond of wool ties, I can tell you where I've bought them in the past.

Paul Stuart had always had a spectacular selection of wool ties. These didn't usually appear in their catalog, and a trip to 45th and Madison was required, but was well rewarded. Treasures include an aubergine paisley in wool challis and mauve cashmere in subtle plaid. Plenty of tartans and knits too.

Polo used to take left over scraps from their tweed jackets and turn a few into ties. And I used to buy them! They also did this trick with a gray flannel windowpane. Also got an art deco challis print in plum.

Either or both of these sources may still be viable, though I won't be finding out. Among current known offerings, both Ben Silver and J. Press look promising.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
I can't resist. We have solid color lambswool and challis print cloth from which we make ties. ( I have the cloth, NOT ties. We don't make the ties until they are ordered.) Anyone who would like to see the cloth is welcome to stop up.
Paul Winston
Winston Tailors- 212 687-0850
www.chipp2.com
If I were still in the market you would be hearing from me. Sadly, I'm not. I remember fondly the ties from your 44th St. shop, and I'm sure the fabrics you have will make ties that are something special.

Lousy memory. I think perhaps that was 43rd St.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi gents,

I'm interested in adding some wool ties to my wardrobe, and I'm having a terrible time finding a good selection.

Where do you buy your wool ties from?
Take the q or the b to Kings Highway, and then take a 7 or 82 Bus to Nostrand and Kings. Second floor, 2771 Nostrand Avenue.

There are a and assorted singles that didnt make it onto the site due to the limited quantities.

And here

And this

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have several from Hackett which are probably my favourites. I also have a Sam Fisher (from the days they had a shop in Neal St), a couple from Kevin & Howlin in Dublin and a Sulka cashmere jobby I picked up on Ebay for not very much. I also believe Cordings do some nice ones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.