Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
If I were you I'd wait until I could afford the BB one. I know from experience that d-b breasted jackets are a bit trickier to fit well and certainly more of a challenge to proportions right, than s-b breasted jackets, so you need to get the best one you can.

Whatever you get, for heaven's sake don't leave the bottom button undone. I know everyone is going to tell you otherwise, but they're wrong and just repeating dumb, thoughtless rules dreamed up by fantasists like Flusser and Anton.

Reactions: crispyfresh

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm new around here, but I have a couple of suggestions as I have been searching long and hard for one myself. Ben Silver has a navy DB blazer on their website. It has flapped pockets including a ticket pocket (if that makes a difference to you.) You can also find a couple of different ones at www.afarleycountryattire.co.uk. The more expensive of the two they have comes in around $333USD and it has nice gold buttons. They ship worldwide from the UK of course. I can't speak to the quality of either of these brands as I don't currently own anything from either. Maybe some more seasoned members can speak to the quality.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Sorry, just to add a point to my last post; obviously the Ben Silver blazer is close to the same price as the BB blazer. I only mentioned the second option price as its around what you were originally looking to spend. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I would suggest you be very patient and try lots of models on, and wait for a good sale. As the Doctor noted above, a double breasted can be very difficult to get the right fit. There is not just the overall fit, but the button placement to worry about.

You might look for Ralph Lauren's offerings. When he does a double breasted blazer, he usually gets all of the details correct.

·
Honors Member and King Fop
6,031 Posts
I note that Charles Tyrwhitt offers a "slim fit" DB navy blazer for $299, and they often have sales or special offers. The buttons are not the traditional brass, but that can easily be remedied if you prefer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.