Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the correct time to wear a silk with a polo overcoat ? Here it sometimes gets very
cold , than I would wear a cashmere scarf. I have recently purchased two silk scarfs to wear with my polo overcoat.

Can a silk scarf be worn with a Burberry trench raincoat ?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It would depend more on the colors than fabric. I wouldn't wear a white silk scarve with a tan trench coat.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
When is the correct time to wear a silk with a polo overcoat ? Here it sometimes gets very
cold , than I would wear a cashmere scarf. I have recently purchased two silk scarfs to wear with my polo overcoat.

Can a silk scarf be worn with a Burberry trench raincoat ?
I think white silk pairs best with evening wear. Any other combination can be worn whenever you feel like it, with normal attention paid to color, pattern and texture.

For example, a patterned, matte finished silk should look good with your T-coat. A high gloss solid in a bright color might not.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Silk looks quite a bit more interesting with an overcoat IMO, in the same way that a silk necktie looks better with worsted. But it doesn't keep you warm. So wear cashmere when it's really cold. Wear silk when it's cool enough so that you won't sweat, but not so cold that chilly silk will make you regret the scarf (silk on one side and cashmere on the other alleviates this concern).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.