Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do? I went on an extensive excursion around the city today - everything from Century 21 downtown to Oxxford on 57th street to the Polo mansion. I'm 6'5" and about 225, and in terms of suits I tend to be a 44L or 44XL.

The thing is, it seems, nobody, or almost nobody, makes rtw in lengths appropriate for me. Walking into Oxxford, the first thing I was told is that "we have nothing that would fit you, we would need to make the suit specially." The same conclusion was reached at Polo and at Brooks Brothers. (And even at Burberry when I popped in to look at a summer 3/4 length raincoat). Because I don't seem to be a standard size, it looks like bargain-hunting is not going to be a fruitful enterprise for me, (and eBay seems similarly unhelpful).

SO - given that my options are pretty much M2M or the rare retail store that stocks extra-tall/extra-long, do you all have suggestions as to the best values around? Unfortunately I don't have a huge budget, but I can wait for the fall trunk shows. Of all the places I went, Paul Stuart actually had a good stock of their 44X-tall which *were* long enough off the rack. I was told by somebody introduced as their "head fitter" that all their suits are full canvas and that nothing there is fused. Really?

So, unless people have other/better suggestions, my options are looking like:

BB M2M ("Golden Fleece" line - all hand done, full canvas, and when M2M only a couple hundred more than the fused stuff - deal right now where you get a free custom shirt with the first suit, and $300 off for each suit thereafter)
Polo M2M (Blue label - is this generally fused? part canvas? full? hand done? - trunk show in September)
Paul Stuart RTW (Sale in June, and I was told everything was full canvas)

What's the best value? Best experience? Other alternatives I should look into?

All input is appreciated

------------
cpac

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.