Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't really noticed a patterned sale with Hickey Freeman similar to Brooks Brothers. Is the only way to get a really good deal on a mainline to find one at Nordstrom's rack or a similar off-price store; ergo, routinely check these store's new shipments?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I purchased about six HF Collection suits over the past few years from sales at NM Last Call and Dillards here in Denver in the $250 - $350 range. HF is one of the few OTR suits available in 39R. With just a bit of tailoring, they fit me like a MTM suit.

I've also picked up a few HSM Gold Trumper and Paul Smith suits in the same price range. These can be pretty good deals if you are patient and have time to shop -- selection can be hit or miss.

Hope this helps,

AD

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I got a Hickey Freeman sportcoat at the Nordstrom Rack at Mall of America for ~$300. Even their website sale prices aren't super great. If you live near a Rack or Off Fifth or something, that would probably be best.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I got a Hickey Freeman sportcoat at the Nordstrom Rack at Mall of America for ~$300. Even their website sale prices aren't super great. If you live near a Rack or Off Fifth or something, that would probably be best.
I've purchased two HF (Madison) sportscoats at the Rack in the last two years; one a silk-blend navy with black/rust plaid for $165 and an all-wool light gray with a subtle tan plaid for $90. You see such deals at the Rack every so often, but you can't be all that particular in terms of style.....and that's BEFORE we even begin to address the issue of size.

Frankly, I grabbed both purely because of the deal they represented for something higher in quality than that I usually wear.....but I happily own solid-color slacks that go PERFECTLY with both, so they've worked out well for me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like HF- to me the line represents a somewhat more stylish take on traditional men's clothing than Brooks Brothers. But I'm curious whether people think HF is even remotely worth the price tag, which is roughly double Brooks. As mentioned, even the sale items on their website are pricey, and I generally cannot find my size unless I pay full retail.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I like HF- to me the line represents a somewhat more stylish take on traditional men's clothing than Brooks Brothers. But I'm curious whether people think HF is even remotely worth the price tag, which is roughly double Brooks. As mentioned, even the sale items on their website are pricey, and I generally cannot find my size unless I pay full retail.
While I have not had to pay the retail price for HF over the last several years, compared to other suit makers and taking into account the quality of the garment, the retail prices do seem fair to me, although at retail, BB is probably a slightly better value. HF has different lines of suits, and for the quality each line seems priced fairly. When you say that HF costs double what a BB suit costs, which HF line and BB line are you comparing? Also, HF does sample sales in NYC and has a handful of outlets, and their suits are also sold at off price stores such as Syms, Filene's Basement, Off Fifth, and Last Call NM (and of course Nordstrom and other retailers carry HF and have sales on it), so you don't necessarily have to rely solely on the HF website or HF retail stores for discounted/sale prices on their merchandise.

·
Registered
109 Posts
HF Sale

I attended the sale today. they had a nice selection of suits (mainline and Ltd - all at 649, 3 for 1800) and sportcoats (349, i think). the suits usually drop to 2 for 1100. I will come back on Wednesday to see what prices have dropped to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.