Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of the collar of a custom shirt that I have - https://tinyurl.com/4mhlz7

Notice how the collar is wrinkled. It looks like that even after it is dry cleaned.

Why would a collar look like this? A shirt maker may be in the best position to answer this question.

Is it something to do with fusing? Is the stitching not aligned correctly? Is it the nature of the material?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess is that the fabric has stretched more than the fusing underneath. Probably done by the dry cleaners.
I have a batch of 4 shirts from the same tailor with fabrics of the same general quality and this is the only shirt that has the wrinkled collar.

I'm not sure why this collar would have the wrinkling problem while the 3 other shirts do not have a wrinkling problem.

In fact, I have had custom shirts made with cheaper material and this is the only custom shirt that I have with this problem.

Is it possible that the alignment of the material was off when the collar was fused together?

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
not a shirtmaker, but i would suggest you bring it back. ask nicely that the collar be replaced, or the shirt be replaced. remind him that you love all four of the shirts, but not that one collar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.