Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the shoe count thread, a lot of people were talking about how they have 10 or 20 or 100 pairs of shoes. Well, if you're going to have that many pairs of shoes, what's the point of them being super high quality shoes (i.e., shoes costing more than, say, $250? The argument that they are constructed better and will last longer doesn't really hold water because if you are rotating between 100 pairs of shoes then you can only wear each pair about 3 times per year. At 3 times per year, even your run-of-the-mill macy's dress shoes will last for your whole lifetime. Say you even have 10 pairs in your rotation. That means that you will wear each shoe once every two weeks. Again, I think that at this rate, even $100 shoes will probably last almost a life-time.

I understand having a couple pairs of well-constructed shoes that you wear more often than the others, and I also understand that some people might want a few different types of shoes, but, to echo an earlier thread, I think having 20 or more pairs of expensive shoes is a little vulgar, but I want to hear everyone's thoughts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.