Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Site Creator
11,761 Posts
I think "french fly" refers to the tab that's found on the inside
of the waistband in some (usually better made) trousers.

The outside tab the OP is asking about is usually just called the tab
(of an extended-tab waistband).
EP:

You are correct, sir!
A French fly adds a second button on the inside of the waist to the left of the fly to take the strain away from the main waist button, and give a flatter look and a better fit.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yes i was planning to get this for my suit pant.. im not sure if it's recommended? but my tailor recommended it and i agreed, however during my first fitting i noticed that the tab/extended-waistband was not there and i forgot to mention it to my tailor.. would the tabs be added only at a later stage or could it be that my tailor messed up? thanks..

· Registered
3,253 Posts
yes i was planning to get this for my suit pant.. im not sure if it's recommended? but my tailor recommended it and i agreed, however during my first fitting i noticed that the tab/extended-waistband was not there and i forgot to mention it to my tailor.. would the tabs be added only at a later stage or could it be that my tailor messed up? thanks..
he would have to cut a new waist band for the right side. sorry i mean the left side, where the extension is at.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.