Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A question to those who are good at sizing people up--or share my measurements, which are provided below: what would be my correct RTW jacket/sportcoat size?

I'm looking over some jackets online. I know sizes differ from brand to brand of course, but I want to get an idea of my size because I am totally clueless at the moment. (I'd walk into a nearby department store and find out, but I live in Korea and we use different size charts here.)

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 151 lb.
Pants: 31" waist
Not fat, but certainly not thin either... Average physique.

What size jacket do you recommend? Mr. Anderson of Anderson-Little recommended 38 Regular. Think this would be about right with other brands, too?

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a ruler for that at home... But I just left a suit at an alteration shop, and I could ask them to measure me when I get it back.

By chest measurement, do you mean around underarms, or from shoulder to shoulder?

· Registered
37 Posts
Is there some rule that says you should be able to cuff the bottom of the jacket in your palms?

I am almost the exact same size as you: a little over 5'8" , 147 and a 31" waist for the most part and I wear a 38R for most brands but I would also caution that you do try on things as I've been able to fit into 36R all the way up to 40R depending on the brand/style.

· Registered
1,458 Posts
A question to those who are good at sizing people up--or share my measurements, which are provided below: what would be my correct RTW jacket/sportcoat size?

I'm looking over some jackets online. I know sizes differ from brand to brand of course, but I want to get an idea of my size because I am totally clueless at the moment. (I'd walk into a nearby department store and find out, but I live in Korea and we use different size charts here.)

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 151 lb.
Pants: 31" waist
Not fat, but certainly not thin either... Average physique.

What size jacket do you recommend? Mr. Anderson of Anderson-Little recommended 38 Regular. Think this would be about right with other brands, too?
If you're a 31" waist your thin in my book!! Mr Anderson's advice sounds about right

· Registered
2,556 Posts
38R is my shot in the dark.
If you're like me and like the shorter jacket, go for a 38S.

I'm almost 5'10" anywhere between 150-170 depending on the scale believe it or not and I wear anywhere from a 36-38S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.