Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking out this jacket on clearance at BB:

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa...tion_Id=307&Product_Id=1083681&Parent_Id=305#

The price is right, and I think it looks OK on its own . . . however, I am not sure what I could wear it with other than an outfit similar to the one pictured. I'm not used to such bold patterns on a jacket, particularly in black and white. Any ideas or pictures of a similar jacket in an outfit?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Black pants I think would work best.

Either add the colour through the tie or the shirt. A pink shirt would work I think. I would stick to solid colours instead of heavy patterns that would only clash.

Charcoal and even looking at it, creamy white pants could work also.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have a black and white checked jacket and find it to be the least useful jacket I have - perhaps I lack imagination.

Trousers: Gray. I like to have things modular so I can mix trousers and jackets and if you get black trousers what else will you wear them with? A white shirt if you have a gig as a waiter I suppose.

Shirts: White, light blue, pink, ecru, and perhaps a pencil stripe in some color. White goes with everything of course and light blue goes with almost everything.

Cheers, Jim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.