Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thrifted a nice Orvis cotton sack jacket today, but don't know what kind of pants to wear with it for a semi-casual (not totally casual) look. Obviously khaki-on-khaki is out. (I have a khaki suit for that.)

· Registered
3,914 Posts
I ruined some khaki suit pants with a ballpoint pen last year. I was thinking of wearing the jacket with olive linen pants or white ducks.

· Registered
34 Posts
RE: khaki coat

I have a BB 3/2 sack with lower exterior pockets patch & flap and chest patch pocket, khaki color. I wear wool & poplin navy and poplin olive pants with it.

The coat is more 'informal' so I only wear OCBDs, not pinpoints, broadcloth, etc., Mostly in white, blue, ecru and yellow. They all seem to work well with either navy or olive.
ss

· Registered
3,599 Posts
^
I'm pretty sure I have that same jacket and would recommend the same pairings. A pair of relatively light olive wool pants that I have from Lands End seem to go pretty well. I also wore it the other night w/jeans and a JPress university striped ocbc and LLBean mocs that seemed to work well.

· Registered
284 Posts
I thrifted a nice Orvis cotton sack jacket today, but don't know what kind of pants to wear with it for a semi-casual (not totally casual) look. Obviously khaki-on-khaki is out. (I have a khaki suit for that.)
Grey chinos. Especially since they don't go with anything else.

I must admit I don't find khaki jackets all that easy to match.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.