Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm going to the tailor for the first time to get my first suit altered and was wondering what I should bring (other than my suit of course). I couldn't really find any info anywhere on the internet and was too embarrassed to ask the tailor when I called to make the appointment. I wasn't sure whether or not to bring the shoes that I'll be wearing with it, so I waited for my AE's to come in the mail before going. I was planning on just bringing my suit, AE's, and my best fitting shirt..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Gc2892, yes that should be it... a shirt and a pair of shoes with a similar heel/height to those you normally wear. Should you need a tie to get the full picture, the tailor should have one for you. If you wear braces, you may also consider bringing those in.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Also bring the items you will be putting in the pockets, wallet, cell phone, keys, etc.

·
Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts
Yes, but you will pay next time when come and try the suit on to see if everything was done to agreed tailoring. How much? Normally $20 for the sleeves and $10 for the pants plus tax, so I round-up to $40. Good luck!
That was the tip, right? :devil:

·
Site Creator
13,186 Posts
Actually it's "What to take to tailor?"

Whether you use bring or take depends on your point of reference for the action. You ask people to bring things to the place you are, and you take things to the place you are going.

That's my tip! :icon_smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.