Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
With jeans I'm more often than not wearing sneakers with white Gold Toe crew socks; however, when I am wearing brown shoes I really like Dockers crew socks in heather brown or denim blue. Of course I'm probably wearing a more casual brown shoe than what you are suggesting. :icon_smile:

Cruiser

· Registered
217 Posts

· Registered
647 Posts
I am going to differ here. I am only 25, so when I am in jeans I tend to be either A) doing some type of manual labor or B) going casual.

Personally, I loathe almost all moc/penny-style loafers, and I would never wear a bal with jeans, so the only AE model I see on their website that I'd really consider wearing with jeans would be the Malone, and I'm not even that fond of it (it seems to be an abused Ashton).

Possibly Wilbert.

If I was wearing any of these shoes, it would probably be with a stereotypically garish argyle or striped sock.

· Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
I have been lookig for denim blue socks. Where do you buy those?
My monitor screws up colors, but the socks you referenced appear to be the right color but in a different style. The ones I buy are labeled "crew" or "sport crew".

As for the denim color, I haven't seen any of these in a while. The last ones I bought were labeled "navy", but it is a marled navy which gives it a denim appearance and matches well with jeans. To me it looks like Dockers just changed what they were calling the color. I buy them at Kohls and JC Penney, and I think Sears sells them as well.

Cruiser

· Registered
217 Posts
My monitor screws up colors, but the socks you referenced appear to be the right color but in a different style. The ones I buy are labeled "crew" or "sport crew".

As for the denim color, I haven't seen any of these in a while. The last ones I bought were labeled "navy", but it is a marled navy which gives it a denim appearance and matches well with jeans. To me it looks like Dockers just changed what they were calling the color. I buy them at Kohls and JC Penney, and I think Sears sells them as well.

Cruiser
thanks I will take a look at stores that carry Dockers

· Registered
130 Posts
With jeans I'm more often than not wearing sneakers with white Gold Toe crew socks; however, when I am wearing brown shoes I really like Dockers crew socks in heather brown or denim blue. Of course I'm probably wearing a more casual brown shoe than what you are suggesting. :icon_smile:

Cruiser
I have some of those Dockers socks, and have found them to hold up very well. i've been surprised and impressed. They are my go to warm weather sock if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.