Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
i think the fact that it has stretchy material makes it more expensive
I can't imagine many regulars here would consider the inclusion of Spandex-by-any-other-name as something that makes a Brooks Brothers shirt more desirable.

The mother-of-pearl buttons probably add slightly to the cost. The fact that it's the only slim fit style with the Londoner (full-spread) collar is interesting, but hardly a justification for the price.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Is a BB slim fit like a Nordstroms Tailored fit, or it is very fitted?

BTW, 2 for $199, like Nordstroms better shirts. I am not a total fan of non wrinkle for this price, for $100 plus a shirt I look for 100% cotton with nothing extra added. I end up ironing all of my shirts anyway...sorry for going off from the original post.

·
Registered
499 Posts
:crazy: Non iron + stretch fabric? That's a bad combination in my opinion.

Personally I loathe stretch fabric shirts. Had a couple over the years, and even if they did fit in the beginning, after several washes the stretchiness would 'stretch' (big surprise, huh?), and the shirt would become unwearable.

Maybe the technology has changed, but this sounds more like plastic armor than a dress shirt.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Didn't pay that price, but I've several of these DOW-infused BBs and wish I had more. They're simply bullet proof for travel; I can endure careening to the airport, swaying portage on a shuttle, a slog through security, mastication by monorail crowds, peristalsis down the gangway, a clean and jerk to the overhead, the lapping obesity of seatmates, the jerk and clean from the overhead, the scrummage to the taxi, the ibexing over puddles and curbs and all the other quotidian bashing about of a business trip and arrive without a wadded mess for a shirt.

Had a tailor slim the 'slim fits' for me though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Is a BB slim fit like a Nordstroms Tailored fit, or it is very fitted?

BTW, 2 for $199, like Nordstroms better shirts. I am not a total fan of non wrinkle for this price, for $100 plus a shirt I look for 100% cotton with nothing extra added. I end up ironing all of my shirts anyway...sorry for going off from the original post.
Based on my experience BB is marginally slimmer than Nordstrom.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Based on my experience BB is marginally slimmer than Nordstrom.
Another thanks....would this be the slim is a bit more narrow that the Nordstoms Tailored fit? I am not ready to go into a fitted shirt, the tailored Nordstroms is still a bit loose but I can live with it. A slightly slimmer shirt would be fine too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.