Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Your face shape is human

You're overthinking this. Go to an eyeglass shop with your prescription and possibly someone whose aesthetic opinion you value and taste similar to your own. Then try on frames until you find the ones you like best. You'll know it when you see it

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
⇧ while this is very good advice, I do think some general guidelines work. IMHO, narrow or angular faces look better with smaller frames (think wire or thinner plastic frames); whereas, rounder or fuller faces can pull off heavier / thicker frames better.

Also, different hair color and skin tone lend themselves to different color frames. For you, my thoughts are you have a angular thinner face with a brown/reddish tint to your hair and fairer skin, so I would lean to wire or thinner frames and go with bronze or tortoise colored frames not black or silver.

That said, Momsdoc guidance is good - go with a someone you trust, try a bunch on and you'll know what you like when you see it one.

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
The style is going to also depend on your particular prescription and other factors such as the lenses and the specifics of the lenses.

I would discuss with the optician and have him/her show you options based on that.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
As has been said above, momsdoc has offered perhaps the best advice you are going to get on this subject. However, to possibly narrow the scope of this future effort, do you wear sunglasses? If so, what frame design have you been sporting with your sunglasses? Have you been happy with said design? Would that frame design work well with corrective lenses? If so, focus your search on similar frame designs. Good hunting! ;)

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
That's spelled Gomer. It's used to refer to decrepit old people with a million medical problems who aren't yet dead, but are barely alive. They are a nightmare of work for young Interns in the hospital. Take all your time and resources, and will never get better nor die.

It stands for Get Out of My Emergency Room.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
^^Uh-oh! I might be in trouble. LOL. ;)
Nah Eagle you've got some time left.

Just stay away from NJ on a day like this.

Product Azure Water Font Screenshot

Do you have a tweed that can handle this?:cold:

I'm pulling out this puppy with a turtle neck shirt underneath, my heaviest blue heather Harris Tweed sports coat, moleskin trousers, a long heavy grey Melton wool overcoat, OTC wool socks, and shearling lined Heschung boots. I'm heading out to a birthday party being held on the boardwalk overlooking the balmy North Atlantic. I hope to make it safely from the car to the restaurant, walking 3 blocks from the parking lot.

The right tools for the right job.

Outerwear Sleeve Textile Grey Collar

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
...The right tools for the right job.

View attachment 19496
I have two North Sea sweaters that have gotten more wear in the last two weeks than they did all last winter as, usually, they are just too warm (and last winter was pretty mild in NYC). But with this run of single digit temperature, they have shown their value.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I'm heading out to a birthday party being held on the boardwalk overlooking the balmy North Atlantic. I hope to make it safely from the car to the restaurant, walking 3 blocks from the parking lot.
I'm heading out to the golf course in about an hour and a half. My major clothing decision is, pants or shorts for today's round? Played Friday afternoon and it was definitely a pants day. Even wore a sweater vest for half the round.

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
I have two North Sea sweaters that have gotten more wear in the last two weeks than they did all last winter as, usually, they are just too warm (and last winter was pretty mild in NYC). But with this run of single digit temperature, they have shown their value.
Last week I found myself wearing one of my submariner turtlenecks with a down coat. I would typically suffocate but given the deep freeze we've experienced in Chicago for the past few weeks, I was perfectly comfortable.

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
Last week I found myself wearing one of my submariner turtlenecks with a down coat. I would typically suffocate but given the deep freeze we've experienced in Chicago for the past few weeks, I was perfectly comfortable.
I have the submariner turtleneck as well and love it (I've even kept the neck fully unrolled in this weather so that it tucks up against my chin and keeps the cold out).

These sweaters are modeled on sweaters built for real men working in extreme weather conditions which is why they are too warm for most normal (even in the winter) day-to-day wear unless one works outside.

It's been great to have a opportunity to wear it and understand how good it must have been to have one of them out in the North Sea.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What is my face shape anyway?

I'm having a lot of trouble with this!

I wear contact lenses at the moment but I'd like to switch back to glasses.

Here are some pics of my face:

https://flic.kr/p/24648682667
https://flic.kr/p/27740201359
I agree with Fast... tortoise or bronze may look nice. I can't wear contacts so when I go glasses shopping I have to take selfies with my phone, then put my glasses back on to see what looks best.

Like the sport shirt, BTW.

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
I agree with Fast... tortoise or bronze may look nice. I can't wear contacts so when I go glasses shopping I have to take selfies with my phone, then put my glasses back on to see what looks best.

Like the sport shirt, BTW.
I feel your pain: I have to put on one pair of glasses when cleaning another to actually see that it's clean (sigh).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.