Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Corneliani dress shirt from Culwell & Son, here in Dallas. With the gift card I paid $30.00. It sold for $205. I just wondered what you folks thought of the brand. I am new to the area of clothing, so any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have only one Corneliani shirt, but probably a dozen or more Brioni shirts. The Corneliani (main line) shirt doesn't have as nice fabric as any of the Brioni shirts and the buttons are plastic. It has held up reasonably well, but the fact that I bought one and left it at that speaks for itself, I think.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think they are better than most RTW shirts, especially the "designer" type labels.

I own one and it has held up very well.

I personally like the cut, it's a bit more "classic" as opposed to most other Italian makers which seem to generally cut for a slimmer man.

Their choice of collars are also traditional and not too "fashion forward".

My shirt which is a French cuff, blue, white with faint gold pinstrpie has very nice fabric and the buttons are MOP.

In general I would say that Brioni shirts will have the better fabrics and buttons, etc. but I personally am not a fan of their shirts. I think their pricing lives more off reputation than delivery. That's JMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.