What is your favourite vegetable?

british 
8K views 28 replies 26 participants last post by  Pipps 
#1 ·
What is your favourite vegetable?

Mine is broccoli! :icon_smile_big:

#4 ·
Great thread....

Brussels sprouts! They will soon be in season. Serve them with some rendered bacon, carmelized onions, dried cranberries, toasted pine nuts and you have a perfect autumn side dish IMHO.

#7 ·
Grilled corn is great. There is a place on the border between North and South Carolina where they deep fry it, it caramelizes all the kernels. Very good.

I am also a fan of the potato in it's various forms, but the British style of roasting them in goose fat is probably my favorite. (Though the Belgian frites is amazing).

Oh and roasted peppers are definitely high on my list as well.

#8 ·
The PM Speaks

they say that when lunch was served at a cabinet meeting, Mrs Thatcher ordered fish. The waiter asked, 'And for vegetables, Prime Minister?'

She apparently said, 'They'll have the same,' nodding toward her Cabinet Ministers.

My favourite vegetable is David Cameron.

#13 ·
Favorite is leeks baked with a cream sauce, we only have it at Thanksgiving and holidays, family recipe.

For more everyday veg, I like almost anything on the Indian takeout menu:

Channa masala (spicy chick peas)
Saag paneer(spinach & cheese)
Alu Gobi (potatoes/cauliflower)....

#14 ·
My favorite is the mighty sweet potato. My mom slices them thin, almost like carrots, and bakes them with butter and brown sugar. Absolutely nothing better in this world.

My runner-up would be corn. Corn itself isn't one of my favorites, but I love me some grits. :icon_smile:

#19 ·
vegetable by products

My favorite vegies?...vegetable-by-products.
Beef, chicken, turkey, fish, sometimes pork.
My favorite vegies are whatever they ate that makes them taste good.

Ok. enough being a smarty pants. I like most vegies sometimes raw or prepared in a variety of ways.
What I don't like are raw tomatoes except on a burger and cooked okra. Both are slimey.

#24 ·
Great thread....

Brussels sprouts! They will soon be in season. Serve them with some rendered bacon, carmelized onions, dried cranberries, toasted pine nuts and you have a perfect autumn side dish IMHO.
No offense, but you Sir, are he Devil's spawn. (I used to grow the dreaded sprouts when I was a graduate student but ONLY becuse the plants were cool looking and I could throw the sprouts at people. Actually eating them or even smelling the Devil's torture food cooking was forbidden!!!!!!

Even smelling the dam* things cooking makes me feel really sick!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.