Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to start a fun little thread for the AAAC members. The question is, "what is your finest or best fitting or something that you are particularly proud of piece of clothing?"
It can be your most high-end suit, your favorite sweater, your best pair of jeans, etc. It can be OTR, MTM, or whatever. it could be the suit you wore to your last job interview or anything. Let us know what your favorite, finest or best clothes are.

· Registered
8,536 Posts
So far my favourite piece is a Ralph Lauren Blue Label (not Polo) suit. It is pretty much perfect in every way. It's a grey glen check 2-button with sides vents. It has beautiful roped shoulders that fit me perfectly. The trousers have double forward pleats with a button-tab-adjuster waistband. I haven't had it altered yet, but before I do I need to buy a new set of buttons for it. The buttons it came with are some of the worst I've ever seen.
This suit retailed for over $2,000 and I got it for around $350 on eBay.

· Registered
1,937 Posts
Clothing

Gentlemen

My favorite clothing are my Sulka ties and shirts. From 1970 era. Still new. Wear on special occasions.
I also have an old Barbour coat. About 30 years. Nice wear, nice looking. Also have some nice McGeorge sweaters that have stood the test of time.
Looking for the fall. Have a nice pair of flannel, charcoal Hickey Freeman. New like still. Paid under 50 bucks then.Old tweeds, Polo, Brooks, look great now. The Polo was an old one. A nice tweed

Nice day

· Registered
2,556 Posts
These are a few of my favorite things...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...umm, no.

My favorite items are:

1. My bespoke navy blazer from Ercole. My first bespoke piece from this summer...fits like a glove. I look foward to saving of some cash for a three piece for the next school year.

2. I have a few winter coats that I love - first a 100% cashmere Nicole Farhi black db coat then a vintage 1970's Lord and Taylor db camel coat.

· Registered
834 Posts
My fav items in my closet...

Kiton shirts. Love that shoulder and the big dirty buttons. :icon_smile_big:

· Registered
1,004 Posts
I still wear a thirty-nine-year-old red, buffalo plaid wool lumber jacket made by Pendleton. Elbow patches have been added and it is a tad frayed at some of the edges, but not so that one would notice. The garment is almost as dear to me as my wife who is just seven years older than the jacket.

Buzz

· Registered
1,449 Posts
1. Vintage chestnut Florsheim Imperial longwings. I remember my dad wearing this kind of shoe in the early 60's, when I was 4 or 5 years old.

2. A charcoal gray with subtle pinstripes Hickey Freeman (Madison IIRC) suit. I have never owned another suit which compared.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
A few of my favorite things ....

H&H and Duchamp of London shirts, Robert Talbott and Duchamp ties, Albert Thurston braces, Ben Silver cotton and merino socks, C&J hand grades, BB Regent suits, Alfred Dunhill scarves.

· Registered
63 Posts
I have a cashmere overcoat, crica 1978. When I got it in 2000, it still had the tag on it. Retailer is a Kansas City mens clothier, whom I cannot recall the name but they are still doing business and have a store on the County Club Plaza in KC, MO.

I got it from my wife's aunt. Who is a widow but married very well. Her husband used to go on shopping sprees like some here dream about. Anyway, when he died, she had all these clothes. I had just graduated law school and she gave me this coat, that was in 2000.

Fit me perfect. I went into the clothing shop that sold it in '78 to have it looked at for the sleeves and the sales people had to pick up the jaws off the floor! They just loved it!! Today, to by a simular coat, as that is all you could get is "simular" as they certainly do not make them like this any longer, would cost $4000.00.

The price on the tag, from 1978, was $1475.00...

John

· Registered
2,699 Posts
A navy twill blazer from Oxxford, British tan monk-straps by C&J for Ralph Lauren bought 25 years ago and still in beautiful condition, and a recently acquired navy, brown and gold brocade paisley tie by Trafalgar.

· Registered
95 Posts
A navy blue lambswool Gaultier polo neck, some 20 years old, a Chadds of Norwich tweed hacking jacket, a pair of original adidas SL72 trainers, CP Company Mille Miglia coat, Derek Rose silk pyjamas, Church's brogues.

If I had to pick one, it'd be the Gaultier....thankfully I don't just have to pick the one in real life!:icon_smile:

· Registered
105 Posts
A reproduction 18th century waistcoat made with nothing but original fabric by a blind tailor who was kissed by alan fussler as an infant.

Seriously my favorite is nothing that is expensive or rare. I have a blue pinstripe button down shirt that fits really well, is versatile, and has just the right color to look really good on me. I think its eddie bauer and I paid all of like $50-60 for it...

· Registered
2,556 Posts
I still wear a thirty-nine-year-old red, buffalo plaid wool lumber jacket made by Pendleton. Elbow patches have been added and it is a tad frayed at some of the edges, but not so that one would notice. The garment is almost as dear to me as my wife who is just seven years older than the jacket.

Buzz
How very On The Waterfront.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.