Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in no hurry to acquire this wardrobe essential, but the deal below posted in Deals and Steals is interesting:

20% off at shoebuy.com, combined with 10% off for a new account and 10% cash back through fatwallet, should land me these shoes for a pretty decent discount from the listed $325...

What is a good sale price that I should patiently look for, since I am in no hurry to make a purchase?

· Registered
2,633 Posts
I am in no hurry to acquire this wardrobe essential, but the deal below posted in Deals and Steals is interesting:

20% off at shoebuy.com, combined with 10% off for a new account and 10% cash back through fatwallet, should land me these shoes for a pretty decent discount from the listed $325...

What is a good sale price that I should patiently look for, since I am in no hurry to make a purchase?
You won't see them at a better price than this unless they are used or there are factory seconds on sale, even then, not much difference. I'd go for this deal. Actually, I did go for this deal, although I didn't do the fat wallet stuff, maybe I am thick but I don't know how it works.

· Registered
3,297 Posts
I normally don't find park avenues heavily discounted as this is pretty much a perennial in the AE line up. As mentioned above you might score a pair of seconds at the shoe bank otherwise 20% is pretty good.

· Registered
970 Posts
With the shoebuy discount that is the best price you are probably going to get unless you really, really luck out.

Over the summer, a department store was clearing out the Park Ave in brown only for $85. That was a once in a lifetime deal though. Luckily I snagged a pair.

Recently I got a pair of Cheaney "Sloane" (made in UK) goodyear welted captoes for $180 from tuttlecatalog.com - Look in the clearance section. I also posted a review of the shoes on AAAC that you can look at if you do a search. I think they are a great alternative to the Park Aves if you don't mind the slightly more English styling. I like the black Park Aves a little more but don't regret buying the Cheaneys at all.

One more thing: you may find that the last the Park Aves is built on doesn't work very well for your feet. Many people can't wear them for that reason.

Both Tuttle and Shoebuy have great return policies so I don't think you could go wrong with either as long as you don't take the shoes off the carpet when you try them on.

· Registered
1,352 Posts
Nordstrom had their anniversary sale about two months ago, and PAs were $200.00 in all colors. AAFES (if you're military) has them in the Fall/Winter catalog for $235.00/all colors-and someone found a fatwallet 20% AAFES coupon, to boot.

The Von Maur $85.00 sale/brown only was extraordinary. Someone posted that they were supposed to put merlot PAs on sale later, but I haven't heard anything in months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.