• Side Tabs

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Sansabelt

Votes: 1 1.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm currently just using belts, but I aspire to braces. After wearing braces with my tuxedo at my brother's wedding last weekend, I was impressed with their ability to keep working over a long period of time.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Spoken like someone young and slender . . .

. . . eschewing belt or braces also assumes that under the well-fitted trousers there is a well-toned body that also requires neither belt or braces :icon_smile:.

For myself (neither young nor slender), I vary between belts and braces, 70%/30% respectively.

Belts for me but there is another option: well-fitting pants that require neither.

·
Registered
410 Posts
upr_crust hit the nail on the head...properly tailored trousers, assuming one doesn't have a protruding gut forcing ones waistband southward.

I used to wear braces in the 80s and 90s, then switched to a belt when I finally could afford alligator.

Jeans or jeans styled pants get a belt depending on need or mood.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Braces at work, belt for casual (off-the-peg) clothes.

In my humble opinion, I think one should buy trousers designed for braces - everyone notices as few wear them these days and they add status and hold the trousers up properly which a belt does not. Braces should not be too decorative and not the clip-on type. There are plenty available online. As trousers designed for braces have buttons on the side they can be worn without braces sometimes if it is felt for the occasion the braces are overkill.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If I were a bat the answer would have to be 'gravity'.
However, as I am a bracemaker, the answer is currently...wait for it...a belt! Well, I am on holiday in off duty mode and I'm sitting in my techno-shed uploading cd's onto the ipod. And I havent got any buttons on these jeans.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Most suits braces, all trousers/jeans belts.

I do have a couple of suits for which a belt is needed - quite deliberate for informal occasions when the coat is more likely to be discarded during the evening.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mostly braces

After years of wearing braces, I find that my pants feel like they are falling off when I wear a belt. However, I believe that belts are made for those whose hips are larger than their stomach. I passed that point years ago and don't expect to see it again, so I wear braces.

The poll would better if it had two catigories for belts and braces. Braces more than belts and belts more than braces.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.