Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,592 Posts
I'm not brave enough. As helpful as you guys are, I am still a bit insecure and have seen how tough some folks can be here. Give me another month or two.
I don't think we are that bad, it seems like most of us try to give constructive criticism rather than just negative remarks. The SF is worse, some of those people are just plain rude. Just do it...post a pic :aportnoy:

· Registered
1,592 Posts
That's true, I guess I'm still a bit camera shy. Maybe Monday if I can get the nerve up.
I was that way too, but I just decided to do it one day. Now I post all the time. Sure some of my ensembles are horrid, but I endure and gain many ideas from others on here.

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Wait till you discover the utterly intoxicating nirvana of cheap deals that is Ebay! I just bought a Bijan tie for $25! I have another that is #2 of 4 ever made, it probably retailed for $300+ and I paid about $35 with shipping. If you do it carefully and put in the time you can get nearly anything for about 80% off retail and you dont have to score the highest end stuff. If you go after the middle ground, Ralph Lauren or brooks brothers 346 for example, the supply is huge with a much better buyer to seller ratio that lets you get things dirt cheap. You need a french cuff shirt otherwise how else are you going to start collecting cuff links?

Last one to the ascot is a rotten egg.
+1, ascots are neat

Collecting cufflinks are addicting, especially vintage ones on ebay....I've purchased probably 40 or so pairs off of ebay in the last two years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.