Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Lovely to come across these messages.

William Brian Bill is my late Grandpa and the original WBHBILL store sign still hangs proud on the wall in the garden of my Granny in Essex with the William Bill name living on in my Father and I.

I started to look into this some more, following the realisation that Goldings Tailors the providers of my Military Dress Uniforms are still using W.Bill cloths.

Would love to hear more from anyone else with story’s of the Bond Street store and W B H Bill.

Daniel Charles William Bill

My wife and I had an appointment set with Brian Bill at the Waldorf in NYC to discuss purchasing his business. This would have been in the late 80's. At the meeting he informed us he had signed the previous week with someone who had offered him good money and a job. Upon his return from the US he was literally kicked out of the business.

The shop no longer exists. W, Bill fabrics are now owned and sold by Porter & Harding in Exeter. Their US rep is Kemp & Hewitt.

Leonard

· Registered
2 Posts
Lovely to come across these messages.
William Brian Bill is my late Grandpa and the original WBHBILL store sign still hangs on the wall in my the garden of my GRandy

My wife and I had an appointment set with Brian Bill at the Waldorf in NYC to discuss purchasing his business. This would have been in the late 80's. At the meeting he informed us he had signed the previous week with someone who had offered him good money and a job. Upon his return from the US he was literally kicked out of the business.

The shop no longer exists. W, Bill fabrics are now owned and sold by Porter & Harding in Exeter. Their US rep is Kemp & Hewitt.

Leonard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.